Sign in to follow this  
carterdjohnson

Platform Forum Installation

carterdjohnson

This is for an absolute newbie who knows only the most basic of php: I am following the Pageline README file for installing Platform Forum and integrating it into my Platform Pro with WordPress; however, when I reach the step to activate the Theme under "Appearance", there is nothing there for me to activate. I have installed and activated Platform Pro; I have installed bbPress; I have activated the forum options in "custom code"; I have placed the PlatformForum folder into the bb-templates folder, but I don't know how to activate the forum theme. Please let me know what I should do or how I might proceed. Thanks-

Andrew

Hey Carter, Have you figured out how to 'deep integrate' the forum with WordPress? As for the theme in appearance, have you added the theme to the `bb-templates` or `my-templates` folder?

carterdjohnson

>>Hi Andrew, >>Thanks, yes, well, I was able to resolve that issue, but then I must've done something stupid because now I'm having another problem and don't know how to figure it out. >>Here's the link to the post I've made here: >>http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=4774 >>If that doesn't work, here's the text of my post: After installing the bbPress plugins for Platform Forum, I must have done something wrong when setting things up in admin, because now when I login, I don't have an admin link at the top. And now I've no idea how to get there. >>Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me, >>Carter Thanks for replying, Carter-

cmunns

Did you download the bbPress theme from LaunchPAd? Note: this is part of the developer version only