Sign in to follow this  
tsalstrand

Deep Integration SimpleScript

bryan-hadaway

I would think yes, if you can still access the files via FTP, you should consult with Blue Host to help guide you to your files and how to download, edit and upload them. Thanks, Bryan

tsalstrand

Ok, I watched the video tutorial here: http://www.pagelines.com/posts/deep-integration-with-bbpress/ And the file path stuff isn't working for me. My files are located as such: /home/newsite/forum/ The WP files are located in /home/newsite/ Here is what I'm putting in the bb-config.php file right before the closing php bracket: require_once('/home/newsite/wp-load.php'); I also tried changing it to: require_once('/home/newsite/wp-config.php'); I get the same error for both: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE_ONCE in /home/unbreak3/public_html/newsite/forum/bb-config.php on line 65 What am I doing wrong? I can't figure this out. Seems like a lot of others are having this problem too. Thanks in advance!

Kate

Hi Richard - Would you be able to post that section of your PHP? (The line in question and those just above and below it.) It actually sounds like it might be a missing semi-colon or something along those lines, because of the "unexpected".

jccoldwell

hi, I actually had an issue with deep integration with the simple scripts install. i found that you are better off doing your own wordpress install. the simple scripts or one minute installs do something weird with the wp config file and make it very hard to integrate. use your ftp client to upload wordpress and bb press and you shouldnt have an issue if you follow the installers.