Sign in to follow this  
mjhants

Display Features only on home page

mjhants

Only want to display the Features banners on the home page, with posts below (am using Page Posts to select the front page tagged items). Have created a new Home page and pointing to it from Reading. Page Posts seems to overwrite the template settings on the new home page. Selecting 'Show feature template on posts page?" works, but then it appears on all the blog pages! There appears to be no simple way to do this and having spent some time searching through the forums this is a common request from many people. Any chance this will be implemented soon? Does anyone have a simple workaround for StationPro? Have found a solution but it is not very clean or elegant - www.ttfn.tv Thanks Mark

bryan-hadaway

Some simple CSS would do the trick; `.single-post #banners{display:none}` Thanks, Bryan

knox

The problem is I have no idea where to post "simple" css using Pagelines. I've looked around at the css within the admin screen and also poked around via ftp ... couldn't find where the actual css is. So I tried inserting this via the custom code module and it didn't work. Not only that, the other custom code I had inserted to remove the padding above the header graphic on my site disappeared, I guess. So I still have the Features and also a Universal Sidebar that I only want to appear on the homepage, not the post pages. I have seen many posts requesting more robust documentation and/or tutorials. I would join the chorus here. But please know that I am really liking Pagelines.

bryan-hadaway

Custom Code > Custom CSS should be fine, try: `.single-post #banners, .single-post #sidebar{display:none !important}` Thanks, Bryan

knox

Thank you, Bryan, Forgive me, but do I need to put some kind of qualifiers. I put it in there exactly as you wrote, but it didn't work, so I modified it a little (the first part removes the padding above the header graphic): body #page .content-pad { padding: 0px 0 0px 15px; } body { .single-post #banners, .single-post #sidebar{display:none !important } that didn't work either! I not very proficient in css & I am still finding may way around PlatformPro.

Kate

Hi Knox - Did you get this figured out? I don't think I'm seeing the issue anymore...

knox

Kate - thanks for asking. I am afraid this has not been resolved. I am still seeing the slideshow and the subsciption form on all posts. Am wondering if I need to add something to the css tweak. Thanks. I would think it would be possible to have check boxes on the features admin page where we could just check what pages/sections we want the slideshow on, or not, i.e., Home.

bryan-hadaway

Aside from CSS, there is page by page control. When editing a page, scroll down bottom right and you'll find a whole list of options to hide sections. Thanks, Bryan