Sign in to follow this  
eljustino

Remove sidebar wrap from single column layout?

eljustino

Not sure if this is possible... hoping it's an easy thing I'm just missing. Essentially, I have come pages that use the two sidebar layout and others with a single. I'd like to have the Sidebar Wrap section only appear on the pages with the two column sidebar layout, but it seems to show up at the top of the single sidebar, too. Any way to tweak that? Another, unrelated question... Is it possible to have one layout that only applies to the main posts pages, but use a different one for others (like category pages, for instance)?

bryan-hadaway

1. Get me a link of where the extra sidebar is showing up. 2. If you explain this further CSS styling might be good enough. Thanks, Bryan

eljustino

Thanks, Bryan. Go to http://www.10kStepsaDay.com. On the home page, you'll see the layout has two sidebars with the "sidebar wrap" sidebar appearing on top and spanning across the two smaller sidebars (the one with the Facebook activity widget). If you click on an individual post, it switches to the single sidebar layout (which is what I want) but I don't want the "sidebar wrap" sidebar (the tertiary sidebar) appearing on the top.

cmunns

` .one-sidebar-right #sidebar_tertiary { display:none; } ` That CSS should do the trick. and yes you can create different layouts per type of page but depending on what you want it depends on how whether via options or via code mods