Sign in to follow this  
3rdstreet

Custom Posts Footer

3rdstreet

I would like to add the following PHP code to the posts footer, next to the social icons: <?php // For horizontal button: if(function_exists("tweet_button")) { echo tweet_button('3rdstmarketing'); } ?> <?php facebook_ilike(); ?> Where might I be able to include that?

bryan-hadaway

Appearance > Editor > template.postloop.php Try adding it just below: ` <?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_clip_excerpt_end', 'theloop' ); //hook ?>

3rdstreet

Thanks Bryan, looks like that worked for the posts page. Unfortunately I need to put the custom footer elements on the single posts page, right next to the social icons. The image below will clarify: Fo3QB.jpg

3rdstreet

Interesting use of hooks, I watched the entire video and managed to drop in the php code where I needed it using the posts hook. I know this is getting really picky, but are we able to put the "facebook like" and "tweet" in the same area as the social icons? I've tried multiple hook options and it appears to go either above or below that area. Link here: http://3rdstreet.com/wp/2010/12/12/intro-custom-wheels/

bryan-hadaway

We'll start by taking more control over the widgets, update your functions.php to this: <div class="tweetw"> <?php // For horizontal button: if(function_exists("tweet_button")) { echo tweet_button('3rdstmarketing'); } ?> </div> <div class="likew"> <?php facebook_ilike(); ?> </div> and then add this to base.css: ` .tweetw, .likew{} .tweetw{} .likew{} ` Then update me and I'll go in and style it. Thanks, Bryan

3rdstreet

All set Bryan, the PHP code has been added to the funstions.php (I replaced the code I inserted earlier). And I have added the classes to base.css (line 66). Thank you.

cmunns

little css to match those new selectors: ` .tweetw { float: left; width: 102px; } .tweetw, .likew { left: 10px; position: relative; top: 82px; } `

3rdstreet

Perfect, this is exactly what we wanted. Looks like the div collapsed once I removed the rest of the icons, but I figured a way around it. Thanks again.