Sign in to follow this  
tgoodridge

Activating Feature Box

tgoodridge

Hi guys- have scoured the forums for simple answer to this question, but haven't found it yet. Basically, I'd like me site to look exactly like the demo site- specifically with Feature Boxes.- How do i get them to show up? I know I have to actually go in and create the box with templates, etc, but HOW. I started a new page- so what template do i use? I didn't see option for feature box on right panel. Is it a highlight page, feature page, full width? And, once I do select the right one- how do I edit it? I've selected and created the 3 feature boxes- but they only show up on http://enterdialogue.com/feature-box-page/ Hope this makes sense. www.enterdialogue.com is my site- thanks so much[url=http://enterdialogue.com]

bryan-hadaway

It's a feature page, and you want to set the box options further when editing the page/post by scrolling down you'll find all the individual options there. Thanks, Bryan

tgoodridge

Thanks Bryan- i get it- but how do i get the HOME page (www.enterdialogue.com) to simply show these feature boxes- not sure how to do this, or at least it's not that intuitive- am i missing something here?

tgoodridge

Or, do i simply change the settings to "Reading" and set a static page as my home page? Still trying to figure this out- basically i'd like my home page to be EXACTLY like the demo page. Am i making sense here? Thanks so much

bryan-hadaway

Yes, you got it right. You need to actually create a "Home" page in Pages so that you can have complete control over it when editing the page itself, change to feature template from that dropdown on the right. Set your feature and box options from the Features and Boxes tabs. And yes, in Settings > Reading set "Home" to the static front page. Thanks, Bryan

tgoodridge

Perfect- thanks bryan- really appreciate it. Sorry for all the round and round here- now i think we're all set here. Tyson