Sign in to follow this  
3rdstreet

add highlight/image to posts page

3rdstreet

I would like to add an image or highlight image to the posts page. Under the Platform Pro settings I have it set to add highlights to the single posts page, but I do not see an option for the general posts page. Here is the link: http://3rdstreet.com/wp/blog/

cmunns

The template setup area you need to activate it in would be Posts Pages

3rdstreet

I looked there and did not see an option for the highlight, But the highlight appears in all of the other templates, here is a screenshot: NfJQS.jpg

bryan-hadaway

I think Adam was referring to when you edit an individual page or post there are options of you scroll down. So when editing the page that your posts are set to scroll down and you will find highlight settings. Thanks, Bryan

3rdstreet

Thank you for the follow up. I have set the highlight image already (I see the thumbnail below it) and it still will not display. I think Adam was on the right track, but the option for the highlight to drag and drop is not there. I have hard coded the image on the forum page, might I have to do this for the blog as well? If so, what file would I want to edit?

cmunns

I can see in the highlight section code it fails with "posts" and "404" pages because it's not possible to edit meta data for those pages and thus you would only have the same highlight section on every type of posts page whether main, category, tag, etc. Hardcoded is probably the best way to go especially for such a simple thing as a large image with a title and subtext. If you want it on the posts page you can edit template.postloop.php ...any goals in mind that we can help you with specifically?

3rdstreet

We want same image for each post/category. Right now we are assigning each post the same highlight image. I dropped the image into the template.postloop.php and it appears to be coming up behind the sidebar. Our goal is to have the same image at the top of posts, and single posts pages. I would be happy to email you login info if that helps. Here is a link: http://3rdstreet.com/wp/blog/

cmunns

I'm not sure where you put it, but I would place it above the loop and try giving it a class so we can style it. It needs to be a block level element to avoid overlap

3rdstreet

ok, I created a new class in the theme.css file. Here it is: .blog_header_image{ display:block; } and I've added that here: OunWC.jpg

cmunns

Actually I take that back it would need to placed in template.content.php above this line `

` ,but this also means it's going to show up on every single page so it will need be wrapped in php conditional e.g. this will show it on the main blog page ` <?php if(is_home()):?> HTML for the image <?php endif;?> `

tsalstrand

Is there any way this could be done by someone who can't code? We just need thumbnails on when subscribers are viewing in blog or magazine mode.