Sign in to follow this  
johnwnguyen

Why is deep integration such a pain.

johnwnguyen

i swear ive looked at least 100 different articles on deep integration.. i've tried just about every possible config. and this just isnt working on my site. the forum page just loads a blank white page. ive exhausted every posting on deep integration on this forum. sooooo frustrating...pulling hair out.

cmunns

Try commenting out the line of code that you added to bb-config.php to get the deep install going. If it's not white anymore then the path to the require_once file is wrong.

johnwnguyen

i commented out my "require_once" code and get this message: Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for Platform Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). More info: Your WordPress install needs to be loaded on your forum pages, so we can use WP's functions. This is done by "including" (with a line of code) the wp-load.php file from WordPress. For help, please see bbPress.org, the info here deep integration with WordPress and contact your host for the path to include your WP install. My code is: require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php');

johnwnguyen

ive also tried these variations: require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '../../../wp-load.php'); require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php'); require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/home/gototeni/public_html/wp-load.php'); require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/public_html/wp-load.php'); My bbPress install is sitting inside of my Wordpress install

Kate

Hi John - It looks fine from here. Did you get the issue fixed?

johnwnguyen

No, deleted my SQL database 4 times and started over 4 times. No dice. I keep getting a blank white page when i do the deep integration process.

johnwnguyen

only way for me to get back into bbPress is if i delete the PageLinePro theme from bbPress

Andrew

Hey John, Did you try contacting your host to get the right path? You don't necessarily need to use the `__file__` to get it right. The blank white page is a PHP error created by getting the wrong path name.. (its a require statement) Did you try contacting your host for the right path to the file? How about the bbPress.org forums? Sorry its such a pain, all I can say is that things are always getting better and the forum, once implemented, is more professional than anything else out there.

tsktom

One item that is missing from the docs that I've seen is this: the db prefix for bbpress must be different than the db prefix for wordpress.