Sign in to follow this  
leslielesliemitchellcouk

Add a blog to existing WP Website

leslielesliemitchellcouk

Hi - I'm using iblog pro as CMS (at www.lesliemitchell.co.uk) and would now like to add a page which will be the entry point for my blog. This already exists as an iblog WP blog on another domain (www.villarcoin.com/wordpress). To simplify issues, I would rather import my blog rather than link to it how should I go about this. Please excuse me if there is an obvious answer - I have tried a search. I do understad how to export a blog in wordpress, but I'm much less confident about importing to a particular page (BLOG) on my website.

Kate

Hi David - Just as there's an option to export an XML file, there's also an option to import an XML file (both by the standard WP means, and your iBlog settings... that would be two steps for both). So, essentially, all of your settings, posts, etc. would be applied to your current site. It doesn't look like your setup is too complicated... You could create a page called something like "blog" and assign that as your posts page under "Settings->Reading". It is possible to create a second installation inside of your first WP install, but sometimes those have issues.