Sign in to follow this  
lounge

How to put lines between boxes

lounge

I would like to put vertical lines between the boxes, as you can see on the screenshot below: NnyCS.jpg I also would like to put a horizontal line between the bottom of the boxes and the top of my content page (with the news). Is this possible?

Kate

Hey Martijn - Use this:

#boxes .content-pad{border-bottom:2px solid #404040;}

You can change the width and color values too.

lounge

Hello Kate, thanks for your answer. I tried to put the code in the custom .css settings of Platform Pro, but there won't display any lines between the boxes?

Kate

@Martijn That was for a line underneath the boxes. I did test it and it works. Did that part show up? If so, then you're just looking for additional CSS, correct?

lounge

Hello Kate, I though I had to put it into the custom .css settings in Wordpress, now I put it in the theme.css and it works! :) Have you also an idea how to put the lines between the boxes?

Kate

Hmmm... The lines in just the middle would be a little tough, without some custom PHP code (assigning classes or ids). But, with just CSS I can get you lines on the left and right of the boxes:

.dcol_container_3 {border-right:1px solid ##404040;}
	.dcol_3{border-left:2px solid ##404040;width:304px !important;}

penny772

can we do the lines inbetween 'sets" of boxes, eg i have five different artists all displaying their artworks and would like to seperate each artists collection with an horizontal line. NOT each individual box. Thanks

cmunns

Which page are you referring to, also the next release of PlatformPro is going to have incremented box classes for more complete css styling abilities.