Sign in to follow this  
szool

How to move the full-width bottom sidebar

Kate

@Soljon You would either have to edit the PHP file, or use CSS to move it around. Depends on what you're most comfortable with. Keep in mind that PHP changes will be overwritten when you upgrade a theme. Also, CSS can be tricky if the heights of the elements are able to change.

szool

Can you recommend some steps? I am not really familiar with either. I don't need to change the height of the element, that part is fine the way it is. Thanks!!

cmunns

in Footer.php cut and paste this bit of code ` <?php if(m_pagelines('full_width_widget', $pagelines_ID) && VPRO):?>

<?php if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Full-Width Bottom Sidebar')) : ?>

<?php _e('Full width widgets selected but no widgets have been added.',TDOMAIN);?>

<?php endif;?>
<?php endif;?> ` and put it just above this block of code `

szool

I did it... but it has no effect: <!--full width bottom widget --> <?php if(m_pagelines('full_width_widget', $pagelines_ID) && VPRO):?> <div class="contentshadow"> <div class="content"> <div id="fullwidth_bottom_widgets" class=""> <?php if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Full-Width Bottom Sidebar')) : ?> <div class="widget pad_big"> <div class="winner"> <p class="subtle"><?php _e('Full width widgets selected but no widgets have been added.',TDOMAIN);?></p> </div> </div> <?php endif;?> </div> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> <?php endif;?> <!--END full width bottom widget --> </div> <div class="clear"></div> <div id="subfoot">

bryan-hadaway

So then you'll want to put it just above the closing `

szool

I did it exactly like you say, but still no effect.

Kate

@Soljon Hmmm... Why don't we go back to the way it was originally (by default), and then move these lines of code to just before

<div id="subfoot">

: ` <?php global $bbpress_forum; if(($bbpress_forum && pagelinesforum('hide_bottom_sidebars')) || !pagelines('bottom_sidebars') || !VPRO) $hide_footer = true; else $hide_footer = false; ?> <?php if(!$hide_footer):?>

<?php get_template_part ( 'library/_morefoot'); ?>
<?php endif; ?> ` I just tested it and I think it will do what you're trying to accomplish.

bryan-hadaway

Marking for developer review. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

All sets of instructions should have worked. and now it seems that you have duplicated the morefoot? What version of StationPro are you?

szool

I took a fresh look at it today and figured it out. Thanks for the help!!!