Sign in to follow this  
winprogger

Featured Image with article text

winprogger

Here is my problem. I am trying to setup thumbnails for my posts. So I set the "featured image" and the page is in the magazine layout - but the thumbnail shows on the top left and pushes the post name/meta data/excerpt to the right - with blank area at the bottom left. Is it possible to put the thumbnail below the post name/meta with post excerpt text rendering to the right of the thumbnail and widening to fill the gap below the thumbnail ? Here is a snapshot of how it looks currently. I am on platformpro and using child theme.

abellemare

I can't help you with moving the thumbnail, but I can make some styling suggestions that might make it look better on the page. If you reference the original blog design you will note that the design calls for the thumbnail placement to the left. To get your posts looking similar, try: 1. Making your thumbnails square 150px x 150px. 2. Add introduction text in the "Excerpt" field on your post page to shorten the amount of copy next to the thumbnail image.

winprogger

I guess it is ok, as long as the thumbnails are left at 150x150. I was hoping I could make the thumbnails smaller and have text wrap below the thumbnails. Thanks Anthony and Bryan !