Sign in to follow this  
kevinanderson

Questions about Pagelines PlatfromPro.

kevinanderson

When I launch the site it goes to the Blog pages not the home page. Yet when I go to blog page, it is different. Also, How do I am having problems with a vimeo and you tube embed code in the posts. How do I change to color of the "hover" in nested menus from blue? How do I get rid of the edit button on the pages/Posts, so viewers cannot change them, also delete comment boxes/ http://kevinandersonproductions.com/

kevinanderson

I am trying to install a vimeo gallery plugin for multiple vimeo links. When I embed the code, it gives me the code back in the final page. www.KevinAndersonProductions.com

bryan-hadaway

- You want to manually create a "Home" page in Pages. Now you can go to Settings > Reading and set "Home" as the static front page and "Blog" as the posts page. - The reason you're video codes aren't working is because when you're adding them to a page/post you need to be in the HTML editor view, NOT the Visual editor. - Ignore the edit links. Only YOU as the admin can see those. - If you don't want people to be able to comment you should be able to adjust that in Settings > Discussion. If you can't figure it out the surefire way is to drop: `#respond{display:none}` in Custom Code > Custom CSS. - "How do I change to color of the "hover" in nested menus from blue?" - I need more guidance here. Thanks, Bryan

yelizavetta

Hey Bryan, I've created a home page that is different from my blog page. But I want a few of the most recent blogs to show up on my home page. How would I do that? (I very new to this stuff). Thank you!

yelizavetta

Thanks for the reply, Kate! How do I setup a widget area on my home page? (Sorry if that's an absurd question). Thanks!

yelizavetta

Also, if it's a widget does it mean it can only be placed in the sidebar area? I'd like it to be wider than that... Thanks!

cmunns

There are various widgetized areas in the theme that don't necessarily apply to just a sidebar although "sidebar" may refer to a widgetized area. e.g. The content sidebar is in the actual content area of the page and may be what you're looking for.

yelizavetta

Hmm...I tried to put the in that query posts widget that kate recommended into the content sidebar...but nothing shows up at all... any other ideas?

fondit

Kevin, to resolve your 'problem' to embed vimeo, there's a plug inn called Lux Vimeo. With a simple code you can embed the video in your post. For YouTube there's Smart YouTube. That should work, at least it works at my site.

catrina

Viper's Video Quicktags is also another great plugin for adding videos the easy way (no embed codes required, just video links).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse