Sign in to follow this  
shyzershyzercom

Disqus Comment Link

shyzershyzercom

I have Disqus enabled on my site, however it kills my "View Comments" link. I figure there's some conflicting code, but I haven't figured out what it is. Any chance somebody has run into this with WHP and knows what lines I need to edit?

cmunns

I believe there is an option within the Disqus panel to include comments number link...this might bring it back but may duplicate the call

shyzershyzercom

You can customize the comments number count (1 Comment, X Comments, No Comments) within the Disqus panel, but there's no option to inclue the number link because it does so automatically. On my other Wordpress sites, the comment link is automatically rewritten by Disqus, however it doesn't happen on my WHP site so I assumed it had something to do with the theme and the way it calls the comments.

shyzershyzercom

I think I've figured it out and wanted to help anyone else in the same boat. Open file /library/_post_footer.php and do the following:

• Delete line 16. It's the line that reads
    			<span><?php comments_number(0, 1, '%'); ?></span>

• Add "#disqus_thread" (without the quotes) to the end of the permalink in the line immediately after the span you just deleted. In fact, it should be the new line 16.

Hope that helps somebody!