Sign in to follow this  
abellemare

How to Display Box Category Name above boxes?

abellemare

Is there away for me to add the box category name above the boxes? If not, can this be added as an option in the next update with a specific css class I can style? See Example of what I would like to do: Screen-shot-2010-12-21-at-4.49.34-PM.png

voxxynetworks

Same question here, I would love to know how to do this now or at least have it included in the next update! Thanks!

Andrew

Interesting idea... Right now, there is no easy way to do this, other than a 'hook', but I see the need. Will look at improving this....

abellemare

Can you explain the hook and where it goes? I could use this for my current project. Also, think about adding this Title option in for all sections: Carousel, Soap Boxes, Banners, etc...

Andrew

Good idea for a quicktip... You would add it in the child theme... ` add_action('pagelines_inside_top_boxes', 'my_custom_function'); function my_custom_function(){ // run this code inside of boxes... use PHP conditionals to control what shows up where.. (is_home, is_page, etc...)_ } `

abellemare

@Andrew - sorry, but I am not a programmer. I can follow instructions well, but I need more details. I did find your comment on another post: PageLines QuickTip - Custom Code Hooks & Base Child Theme which lead me to where I am suppose to insert this code - functions.php But when I tried to paste the above code into the functions.php, I received a parse error. 1. Can you write the exact code in it's place to show the category title is_page. 2. When I am adding my boxes to a page, do I create a custom field on that page with the Title I want for the set of boxes? 3. Do I need to write a custom function for each set of boxes? 4. Where do I assign the "class" so I can style the title?

bryan-hadaway

Forwarded to developers. Thanks, Bryan

davemoppert

Has this question been answered? I would also like to add titles to the beginning of my boxes and carousel

cmunns

Something like this would automatically pull the name of the box set: ` add_action('pagelines_inside_top_boxes', 'my_custom_function'); function my_custom_function(){ global $post;?>

<?php $title = get_pagelines_meta('box_set', $post->ID);?>

<?php echo $title; } `