Sign in to follow this  
llwvc

Add Google Custom Search

llwvc

How do I replace WordPress default search engine with Google Custom Search? - Do I choose the "Search Element" option or the "iframe" option? - Which part of which file do I edit? I use PlatformPro. P.S. Pagelines should put this in the option.

llwvc

Thanks for replying. I tried it but the WordPress default search redirects all search to the Google search bar (where you can search), not the search result directly (if you know what I mean).

bryan-hadaway

You might need to go to the settings; Settings > Google Search and adjust. Let's get a link with the plugin active so I can test, you may not be using the right plugin as well. Thanks, Bryan

llwvc

If you can tell me how to change the searchform.php, I would really appreciate. I know I need to replace some code in the searchform.php file with Google Custom Search's Search box code. But I don't know which parts to replace. Please help. Thank you very much for replying.

llwvc

<?php /* SEARCH FORM This file is the template for the theme searchform. This theme copyright © 2008-2010 PageLines */ ?> <form method="get" class="searchform" action="<?php echo home_url(); ?>/"> <fieldset> <input type="text" value="<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>" name="s" class="searchfield" onfocus="if (this.value == '<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = '<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>';}" /> <input type="image" class="submit btn" name="submit" src="<?php echo THEME_IMAGES;?>/search-btn.png" alt="Go" /> </fieldset> </form> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> google.load('search', '1'); google.setOnLoadCallback(function() { google.search.CustomSearchControl.attachAutoCompletion( '012547662658986420133:4ogmfefoivu', document.getElementById('q'), 'cse-search-box'); }); </script> <form action="http://i3520.com/search" id="cse-search-box"> <div> <input type="hidden" name="cx" value="012547662658986420133:4ogmfefoivu" /> <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="FORID:9" /> <input type="hidden" name="ie" value="UTF-8" /> <input type="text" name="q" id="q" autocomplete="off" size="31" /> <input type="submit" name="sa" value="Search" /> </div> </form> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/cse/brand?form=cse-search-box〈=en"></script> This is the whole thing. How should I change it? Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Again, this is why I recommend a plugin, so there's no need to actually get into the code. If you still want to go this route I'll at least need your link to test. Thanks, Bryan

llwvc

the site i am talking about is www.i3520.com if you search anything, it redirects you to a search bar. please let me know how to fix it. thanks

cmunns

Leo I'm checking the site right now and I see that the google custom search displays the results right there in the sidebar...is that what you wanted?