Sign in to follow this  
kelmain

How can I edit the widgets on the default footer?

kelmain

Greetings everyone, I've recently bought PageLines and I must admit it is just awesome how easy it is to edit your content, specially when you don't have much free time :) I almost have my website up and running, but I'm stuck on this part: I can't edit the default widgets on the footer. I can add new widgets there, but they'll replace the default ones. How can I just edit them? I'm asking because the titles are in english and I'd like to translate them to spanish :) Thanks in advance,

Sourena

Is your website in Spanish? Have you defined the site as a Spanish site? Do you have the spanish WordPress translation activated on this site? Have you translated the theme into Spanish?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Kate

@Juan All of the "default" widgets can be replaced with the same ones by drag and drop. Once you go to "Appearance->Widgets" you'll see the items listed in the left column. That will enable you to change their titles to Spanish manually. However, as @Sourena pointed out, there are higher level changes you can make for translation, that would effect the entire site. If you need any help beyond that. please feel free to let us know.

kelmain

@Sourena I have wordpress installed in spanish, but the theme seems to stay in english, I did't know I could translate it into spanish so... can I? :P @Kate Thanks for your answer Kate! I tried to find and identify wich widgets are they, but they don't seem to work the same way. For example, "latest widget" shows the title and a brief text of my latest post. If I use that same widget, it just shows the title but not the brief text (don't know if I'm explaining correctly...). Also, I can't seem to find the widget to display my own logo :(

Sourena

@Juan: Yes you can translate the theme and actually you should, to get a complete website in Spanish. Use this plugin to translate your theme within your admin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/codestyling-localization/other_notes/ Remember: your language folder (and the language files inside it) within your theme needs to be writable (777) for this wonderful plugin to work.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages