Sign in to follow this  
albduece

is it possible to have different sized features on different pages

ltq12

I think I see what your talking about in the source... for my (same) issue the body class="blog logged-in canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts" Can you tell me what to put in the custom code to make the ` .dcol-pad { height: 200px; } ` for only that page class? Sorry, as many in here I am not a css champ. Thanks for the help.

bryan-hadaway

Sure, let's try: ` .blog .dcol-pad { height: 200px; } ` Thanks, Bryan

ltq12

No dice. I don't know if this makes a difference but my blog page is not the home page... I changed that in the reading settings. I even tried ` .blog logged-in canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts .dcol-pad { height: 200px; } ` but that didn't work either. Also, I am placing this in the platform custom css section... not in any actual css file. Any other thought? Thanks for your help Bryan... I'm confident you know this since I've gleaned your help off numerous other forum topics.

kastelic

Show us exactly what you pasted in. Judging by the example you gave, (which is not correct css) you may have typed something in wrong. Other than that, you could add specificity like:

body .blog .dcol-pad {
	    height: 200px;
	}

ltq12

I've pasted exactly what you put here... in the base.css file. What I wrote above "blog logged-in canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts" is the body class that I see using Firebug. It seems to be the only class that is unique and not used on other pages. I am sure that I am incorrect when talking css... thanks for your help. I would give a link, but I'm actually building the site using MAMP on my computer so can't link.

kastelic

Okay if you're pasting into base.css you need to make sure you new code is at the bottom of the file, or else code below it will override it. That's why you should just use the custom code panel in your pagelines settings, because it adds all that after everything else. "blog logged-in canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts" is not a class. Its 5 classes. You can add multiple classes to an element like this. But they each need to be styled independently in the stylesheet.

ltq12

Yeah it was. I've deleted and tried in the custom code section in Theme options but still no good. Should I try using any of those other 4 classes in the first section of css. Sorry if I sound like an idiot... just flailing away here.

catrina

You can try and see how that works. Also, the classes blog logged-in canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts are 5 separate ones that should be separated by commas (as in all other classes).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ltq12

Any other thoughts? I can't seem to get the custom code to override the standard css on any page using the above. The only way I've even gotten the image to adjust is changing the .dcol-pad code directly in dynamic.css but then it changes for every feature post, obviously. I would try to just use a different section, like highlight, but it's not available on posts page... so it seems feature or nothing.