Sign in to follow this  
renderinnovations

create a link for a highlight image

renderinnovations

Hi! I tried searching this, but how do you create a link for a highlight image on the highlight page? Is there a specific code that I can paste in on the platform settings that will automatically do this? Here is the link example. I want the houses to be clickable and link to another page. (This is in the making) http://174.121.134.124/~ruttreal/wordpress/ Thanks, AB

Kate

Hi Adam - Right now this isn't a built-in option. One solution would be to place a link on the page in the main content area, and then position it with CSS. (Make sure there's a Content area set in "Settings->Template Setup->Highlight Page". For instance, in the main content/post area you would put: `` Then in your CSS:

#google{display:block;margin-top:-381px;margin-bottom:20px;height:331px;width:745px;}

You may have to play around with those numbers... I didn't test it with your image. The other option is to just use a standard image/link in the main content box, as opposed to the built-in highlight image... Obviously that sort of defeats the purpose of the highlight page, but it's an option.

renderinnovations

Hi, The CSS is this a code that I can place in the "Custom Code section" of the platform, or how would I implement this CSS? Not too sure where I should go in WordPress to implement the link. (Learning my way around) Thanks!

Kate

No worries... Yeah, that's where you would add it. There's a CSS section there. By default you'll see:

body()

Just add the sample in the previous post (well, something like it) below that line in your CSS. Also, I just edited the original post... I didn't realize the HTML I added didn't show up. Please re-read it. You would post that link (with your own URL instead of Google) in the "highlight" main content box, just the same way you would write a post or page. Hopefully that makes sense.