Sign in to follow this  
bobnotrob

Hide Sidebars When Empty not working...

bobnotrob

...as I understand it to work. My default page layout includes two sidebars on either side of the content area. My Sidebars Options has "Hide Sidebars When Empty" checked. I have no widgets in the sidebars. Yet, my page shows up with blank (no content) sidebars when I thought it would get rid of the spaces allocated to sidebar content. All that is showing is my content in the middle column, straddled by two blank columns on either side. Am I perceiving this option to work different than it should? FiPFU.png

Kate

Hi Bob, Basically what the feature does is not display the default content. It doesn't, however, change the CSS (which would widen your middle column). If you need help with that, please let us know.

anvilmediainc

Hi Bob, I think I know what you mean. When you're editing a page, scroll all the way down to the veeeeery bottom and choose "fullwidth layout." Let me know if this is what you're trying to figure out.

bryan-hadaway

Karma point for David, if you make it a full width page it will kick the sidebars. If it's more complicated than that and there are still issues let us know. Thanks, Bryan