Sign in to follow this  
bansuriflute

Grandchild Nav Question

bansuriflute

Hi Folks - Question on Grandchild Nav widget. I have menu structure as follows - L1 - L1.1 - - L1.1.1 - - - L1.1.1.1 - - L1.1.2 and so on. L1 is in Site Nav. I have enabled the Grandchild Nav widget for the page L1.1.1. I was expecting it to show that page and its children (i.e. L1.1.1.1 and so on). But in addition to those, it also shows its peers (i.e. L1.1.2 and its children). This makes the list very long. Is there any way to just show L1.1.1 and its children only and omit peers? Sorry for a rather confusing framing but don't know how to phrase this better. Prasad

Kate

Oh, okay... I see what you're trying to do. Well, it's kind of a hacked way, but you could do something like this:

.page-item-1074{display:none !important;}
	.page-item-1097{display:none !important;}
	.page-item-1100{display:none !important;}
	.page-item-1102{display:none !important;}
	.page-item-1105{display:none !important;}
However, the drawback I see with that is on Lesson 2 you're probably going to want to do the same thing with all of the other items (other than Lesson 2), correct? If so, then you would need to add a PHP check (in the header or sidebar) to assign a class to particular pages. Then you could use that class in the CSS to be more specific. For instance, say you add a class of "lesson1". Then in the CSS you could use:
.lesson1 .page-item-1074{display:none !important;}
	/*Etc.*/

Make sense?

bansuriflute

Yes - makes sense. I will use the custom menu option for now, but its kinda painful. Perhaps this can be added to feature request/suggestion category.

cmunns

we could modify the grandchild nav widget, but to be honest I like all the lessons being available there from a user experience standpoint.

bansuriflute

Never mind. I figured a workaround for now. @cmunns, all lessons can't be made available because I plan to use content dripping. In any case, the lessons will grow and the navigation will grow unmanageably long. Guys - thanks for your feedback.

mtantow

Prasad, all, I saw your page and what you did with the grandchild nav, but I am not sure how to do that. Look at my site: http://cloudtimes.org/ Under "Cloud Marketing" I'd like to have the menu options listed in a way like you. Can you help? Thanks! Martin