Sign in to follow this  
rogersilen

Sidebar List Icons for Home Feature Page?

onespirit

Hi I have the same request... he is talking about Sidebar List Icons which Adds mini icons next to list elements in sidebars in iblog pro theme. even when selecting this option in sidebar options in the widgetized footer side bar doesn't display them. how can this be done?

timlinson

This is the description I see for that option. Maybe it was made clearer in later versions:

Displays mini icons in your sidebar for standard widgets. To use your own replace the icons located in the 'images'>'icons' folder

onespirit

Thanks for the clarification on the description Tim. I am using standard widgets and the default icons are fine :-) They just don't appear in the widgetized footer side bar you can see hear what I`m saying: Example I would love to know how to get them to appear.

cmunns

You would have to add the appropriate classes to the footer items in the footer.php file. reference the current sidebar icon rules using Chrome developer toolbar or firebug

onespirit

Here`s the solution... Took a bit of searching but I actually found the sidebar icon classes in the: iblogpro/css/sidebar_icons.css All the classes are there for each widget that is supported in the regular sidebar. The correct file to add the classes to is actually the: iblogpro/css/theme.css *Important you can`t just cut and paste because the default class for displaying content in the widgetized footer is called fboxes so you have to make a custom class as follows:

.fboxes .widget_recent_entries ul li a{
			background: url(../images/icons/sticky-note-pin.png) no-repeat 0 1px;
			padding-left: 23px;
Then repeat for whatever other widgets you want to work by replacing the appropriate widget name in the class above and the appropriate icon. I think in the original sidebar_icons.css file they have 9 classes there to work with various widgets. I also used this approach to work with a custom widget and graphic as follows:
.fboxes .widget_questions ul li a{
			background: url(../images/icons/question.png) no-repeat 0 0px;
			padding-left: 23px;

If you want to see how nicely it displays check it out here on my site: NLP Training Canada