Sign in to follow this  
gspage6301

Changing text attributes in custom css

gspage6301

I am having trouble changing the text attributes in my menu bar. www.pacificbiomarketing.com I simply want to enlarge the text. I copied the following using FireBug, changed it to larger em sizes (the change worked in the Firebug preview) and pasted to Custom CSS and saved. No change. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? ` #primary-nav li a { border-color: transparent transparent -moz-use-text-color; border-style: solid solid none; border-width: 1px 1px medium; color: #777777; display: block; font-size: 1em; font-weight: lighter; letter-spacing: 0.09em; line-height: 1.8em; padding: 10px 15px; text-decoration: underline; text-transform: uppercase; } `

travistsickle

how do you add code to the base.css file?

catrina

Make sure that you have PlatformBase activated under Appearance > Themes. Once you do that, go to Appearance > Editor and the base.css file is the first file you see. This is where you will need to paste that code.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

travistsickle

I'm using PlatformPro, maybe I am confused? I goto appearance>Themes and do what?

cmunns

Catrina is assuming that you have the Base child theme activated. It can be downloaded from the LaunchPad account and installed like a normal theme, but it works in conjunction Platform. Regardless if you want the css code to work you can try getting more specific with it e.g. #page #primary-nav li a