Sign in to follow this  
davron

How to add a search box in the header in Platform Pro

davron

Can you tell me how to add a search box in the header to the left of the social media icons in Platform Pro?

ericmyers

1] Create a New PHP file named ??? searchform.php ??? 2] Add the following code : <form method=???get??? id=???searchform??? action=???<?php bloginfo(???home??™); ?>/???> <div><input type=???text??? size=???18??? value=??? ??? name=???s??? id=???s??? /> <input type=???submit??? id=???searchsubmit??? value=???Search??? class=???btn??? /> </div> </form> 3] Save the above code in searchform.php , and upload it to your Theme Folder . 4] Now include , <?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . ???/searchform.php??™); ?> , where ever you like in your theme .

davron

Thanks Eric, Just a few questions. 1.) There already is a searchform.php file in the root folder of the Platform Pro theme. Do I need to replace it with what you suggest above? 2.) Can you tell me specifically where to add <?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . ???/searchform.php??™); ?> to have the search box show up next to the social media icons that are above the navigation. I appreciate your help. Cheers!

catrina

There is already a seachform.php file, so I don't think you have to create a new one. You just need to edit the file that already exists. Do you already have a search bar at the top? If so, it can probably just be moved rather than replaced with a different one in a different place.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davron

What I ended up doing was this (plus added in a 1-800 number): In template.branding.php under this line of code: `

` I added this: `

1-800-555-5555

`