Sign in to follow this  
cefisher

Buddy Press question

cefisher

I installed buddy press but my site does not look any different. How do people login? Where do they register?

bryan-hadaway

You installed it correctly, see the nav along the very top: My Blog | Login etc. ? You'll want to further get this going in the BuddyPress settings from under the BuddyPress tab in your settings. Thanks, Bryan

cefisher

Ok I am still having issues getting buddy press set up. How do I create a group? Am I using the correct pl theme for buddy press?

cefisher

Not that I can find... Where should I look?

catrina

There should be a "Groups" tab at the top which leads to a page that lists the groups. Did you configure your BuddyPress settings under the BuddyPress tab yet?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cefisher

I cannot figure out how to create a group. There is a groups tab... but is simply says "0 groups." 1) How do I create a group? 2) How do people register? There is a "login" button but no signup... 3) How do I set up the forum? The forum configuration page is blank... Where is the documentation on configuring buddypress? The only docs I can find walk through the install. Thanks Coleman

Andrew

Did you install and setup the 'buddypress template pack'? It auto moves a bunch of files into your theme. After that install and activate BuddyPress itself.

cefisher

Explain to me how to install the template pack. I asked earlier in the thread if I was using the correct theme and Bryan said I was... I followed the 3 steps listed in the docs.

cefisher

Yes... have viewed the video. I must really be missing something. The Forum Setup tab is a blank page (see screenshot). T0OMQ.png

cefisher

Yes I have viewed the video. I must really be missing something. The forum setup tab is blank (see screenshot) T0OMQ.png

cmunns

I'm getting the same result as you on my local setup, but I recall it working fine before I upgraded to WP 3.0.3...anyway for you to revert to WP3.0 to test?

cefisher

I had the same issues when I was running 3.0 What next?

bryan-hadaway

It's very difficult to figure when everything seems to have been done right. Unfortunately, I think the best thing might be to retry from scratch using the latest versions of everything. Thanks, Bryan

angela

Hi I'm searching through the archives for an answer to the group question. I've set up buddypress before with another theme and had no problem seeing a way to create groups. I've set up buddy press with platform, people who use the site, are using the bp features, but I can't figure out how to create groups. I've read through this thread, watched the video, done and undone bp a couple times, clicked the "enable groups" option and then clicked it back on (a suggestion on the buddy press site from a year ago), and still, nothing. Any hints? Angela

angela

So, on the off chance that information might be hidden and easily found, I typed in "create" after the address i.d., http://www.whateveryoursitename.com/members/groups/create and sure enough...everything is there...so until that link can be seen, here's a not-so-ideal fix for someone else who was as frustrated as I was! angela

cmunns

Thanks Angela for this. I'm wondering if we should write our own buddypress admin bar since the bp-template-pack seems to leave a few things out that should obviously be present, although I swear I didn't have problems creating groups a month or so ago.

angela

I'd love a toolbar, by the way. One that also listed all the members. And while you're at it, could you fix buddy press so that all the buddy press activity isn't public unless you want it to be? :) Little fantasies!