Sign in to follow this  
smitchell360

Second Row of Boxes

smitchell360

Is there a way to create a second row of boxes under the first boxes section? Basically, I'd like to show 3 boxes wide and then underneath it 5 boxes wide.

smitchell360

Digging into this a bit more, it seems that I should create a custom section? Maybe just copy the boxes PHP from core, modify and add to my child theme.

smitchell360

Given no custom template option yet, I am going to try to create a custom section. Is there a way to extend PageLinesBoxes directly or do I need to extend PageLinesSection ... and just copy over the existing PageLinesBoxes code into a new class? Basically, I just want to add a secondary boxes section that can pull from the existing pool of boxes post types. I don't want to have to create another custom content type. Been digging through the docs a bit and cannot find much guidance on this. Advice is appreciated.

bryan-hadaway

Yeah, this is pretty advanced. If by extend you mean style wise, the width this should be pretty straight forward with CSS. For the technical stuff let's see if the developers have some insight, forwarding now. Thanks, Bryan

smitchell360

By "extend" i meant extend the PHP class to create a custom section. Any luck w/ the devs?

cmunns

Did you see the docs about creating custom sections?

Andrew

working on a better way to extend this... give us two weeks and we should have something for you..

smitchell360

Thanks. Any word on the next version?

Andrew

Hey Scott, We're going to hold off a little while longer to make sure the t's are crossed...