Sign in to follow this  
OliverGomes

Gatsby JS inside a WP Theme

OliverGomes

I’m not sure how many developers are in this channel, judging from comments on other threads it seems like a fair amount so Im going to post about an experiment I’m doing.

I’ve been a developer for over 10 years and I’ve seen many changes throughout the web. One of the most recent trends is the JAMstack (Javascript, API’s, Markup). These are static sites so there is no server interaction once the initial page has loaded.

Gatsby JS is a flavor of this and will create a folder with an index.html for each of your pages. This is different from WordPress because WordPress uses templates and server logic to render and html page depending on the route.

sedersmith
On 11/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, OliverGomes said:

I’m not sure how many developers are in this channel, judging from comments on other threads it seems like a fair amount so Im going to post about an experiment I’m doing.

I’ve been a developer for over 10 years and I’ve seen many changes throughout the web. One of the most recent trends is the JAMstack (Javascript, API’s, Markup). These are static sites so there is no server interaction once the initial page has loaded.

Gatsby JS is a flavor of this and will create a folder with an index.html for each of your pages. This is different from WordPress because WordPress uses templates and server logic to render and html page depending on the route.

Hi buddy, exactly so. But the CMS is quite easy to access for all types of users that is what I feel is a plus point.

Regards,

Sloth Smith