Sign in to follow this  
slocumstudio

Archive Pages

slocumstudio

How can I control archive pages? When you go to example.com/category/blog for instance, it shows the default page's features, boxes, etc. But this is not an actual page in WordPress so there is no way to manually check which elements to exclude. In the template area of PlatformPro there is no template for archive or category pages. I feel that I am missing something. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

cmunns

archive and category pages will format just as your main posts page with thumbs and excerpts. How do you want it to look? We can create a template or some PHP code to handle it differently.

slocumstudio

Here is what I am trying to do. On my home page, I want to have a features section, boxes section, and list 3 posts. On my blog page, I list all posts, paginated appropriately. I finally got it working the way I want by altering the reading settings to use a page called Home as he front page, and use the Blog page as the posts page. This works cause I can customize the template in the PlatformPro area. Now I just have to replace the 'Home' page's content with a list of posts. What is the best way to do that?