Sign in to follow this  
SarangBhai

Are SVGs really a security concern?

SarangBhai

I love working with svg’s. Everything from custom svg font libraries to animations. Wordpress has never supported SVGs and my understanding is it’s because of security vulnerabilities. But SVGs have been around for a long time and they aren’t going anywhere. What is the danger in using them in a WP site?

HenryBraxton
On 9/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, SarangBhai said:

I love working with svg’s. Everything from custom svg font libraries to animations. Wordpress has never supported SVGs and my understanding is it’s because of security vulnerabilities. But SVGs have been around for a long time and they aren’t going anywhere. What is the danger in using them in a WP site?whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

agreed!

Mywifeixt

More of a concern for SVG files is that they can include JavaScript, which will operate in the security context of the hosting site, so you have cross-site-scripting to worry about. Actually all types of uploaded file are vulnerable to this, albeit not in such a direct, easy-to-exploit wayMywifiext

belly raj

You may wish to add SVG files to your company logo, icons, or other graphics in WordPress. SVG files are as cool as they look, yet a bit unsafe. This is why WordPress does not standardly allow SVG file uploads.

sunnyrathore

I already planned to use the SVG file for my Wordpress site logo. But after reading few articles on the internet about the security I have changed my mind. But I will surely add them if Wordpress provides better security for them. 192.168.0.1  Router Logi

krishna760

I love working with svg’s. Everything from custom svg font libraries to animations. Wordpress has never supported SVGs and my understanding is it’s because of security vulnerabilities. But SVGs have been around for a long time and they aren’t going anywhere.

Aadhar Password

How to start a blog with siteground

Aadhar link ration Card online

Voter card aadhar link

Aadhar link with mobile number

Check pan aadhar link status

LINK PAN WITH AADHAR

remove aadhar password

Gabriela

Where is the danger in SVG files? The danger of an SVG file comes from the fact that it's an XML that can have embedded CSS and JavaScript. The web browser will automatically run any JavaScript embedded in an SVG file. Therefore, if the script contains malicious code, it will place the user's computer at risk.

Ashish yadav

This method offers complete support for adding SVG files in WordPress. It also allows you to display inline SVG in WordPress posts and pages.

First, you need to install and activate the SVG Support plugin. For more details, see our step by step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.

Upon activation, you need to visit Settings » SVG Support page to configure plugin settings.

192.168.8.1 192.168.100.1 where am i