Sign in to follow this  
boxcarstudio

Move the carousel to a sidebar

boxcarstudio

I'm interested in resizing and moving the carousel to a portion of the page aside from the header. To be specific, I'd like to place it in the universal sidebar. I'm not too concerned with resizing and styling the carousel to fit, but how might I go about moving it from the header? Unfortunately, it's not a widget or section that can be dragged to a specific template using the PageLines Template Setup options. Any help would be appreciated! (ohh, and yes I know I'm probably going to have to get a little PHP dirt on me).

bryan-hadaway

I might be mistaken, but I believe this is the carousel code: ` <?php if (!defined ('ABSPATH')) die ('No direct access allowed'); ?><?php if (!empty ($gallery)) : ?> <?php foreach ( $images as $image ) : ?> style ?> > thumbcode ?> > <?php if ( !$image->hidden ) { ?> <?php echo $image->alttext ?> <?php } ?> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?> ` Then, go to Plugins > Add New and search, install and activate Advanced Text Widget. Then you can go to Appearance > Widgets and drag it where you want the carousel to go and paste the PHP. At that point you could give me the link and I could style it to fit right in the sidebar with CSS. My plan should be good, only I'm not 100% on the PHP. Thanks, Bryan