Sign in to follow this  
iosman123

Weird resizing in Safari 6, Mountain Lion

iosman123

This is a strange one and I am finding it difficult to ascertain the cause of the problem.

This is in development so there are elements not added and CSS that needs to be written so ignore any positional errors for now (like the background slider text becoming offset out of the viewport etc.). I have used FlexSlider to create background images as a slider and I have added the jQuery framework Skrllr for some paralax animation on the slides caption element.

In Safari 6 in Mountain Lion, when I resize the browser window to be narrow and then wider the content is stretched and distorted. This will remain like that until I click anywhere in the viewport at which point the content reverts back to the width it should be. Sometimes if I wait long enough it reverts itself. Once this has corrected itself all behaviour is normal as you would expect even if I resize the browser window again.

My testing has shown this occurs only in Safari 6 in Mountain Lion (it does occur in Lion, but self corrects almost immediately, so I have a brief flash of stretched content, then it reverts to the correct size). Firefox and Chrome are fine as are IE9 and 10 al works as I would expect (I've got my work cut out for me on IE8 heh! so not tested that as yet!!)

I've set debug to true but nothing is showing there.

I've identified it has something to do with Flexslider as the problem disappears when I disable the plugin. So I'm thinking its probably some form of jQuery/Javascript clash that is particular to Safari 6, Flexslider and DMS combination. Flexslider also makes use of touch and transitions using CSS3 so it could be some sort of clash with that... maybe...

I'm not a jQuery programmer though I understand enough of the syntax to muddle my way through. However any ideas in how to identify where the clash is or what bit of code might be causing it would be well received!! Its a long shot and I know this is probably not a DMS specific issue, but any pointers would be welcome.

thanks

iosman

iosman123

On 6/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, iosman123 said:

This is a strange one and I am finding it difficult to ascertain the cause of the problem.

This is in development so there are elements not added and CSS that needs to be written so ignore any positional errors for now (like the background slider text becoming offset out of the viewport etc.). I have used FlexSlider to create background images as a slider and I have added the jQuery framework Skrllr for some paralax animation on the slides caption element.

In Safari 6 in Mountain Lion, when I resize the browser window to be narrow and then wider the content is stretched and distorted. This will remain like that until I click anywhere in the viewport at which point the content reverts back to the width it should be. Sometimes if I wait long enough it reverts itself. Once this has corrected itself all behaviour is normal as you would expect even if I resize the browser window again.

My testing has shown this occurs only in Safari 6 in Mountain Lion (it does occur in Lion, but self corrects almost immediately, so I have a brief flash of stretched content, then it reverts to the correct size). Firefox and Chrome are fine as are IE9 and 10 al works as I would expect (I've got my work cut out for me on IE8 heh! so not tested that as yet!!)

I've set debug to true but nothing is showing there.

I've identified it has something to do with Flexslider as the problem disappears when I disable the plugin. So I'm thinking its probably some form of jQuery/Javascript clash that is particular to Safari 6, Flexslider and DMS combination. Flexslider also makes use of touch and transitions using CSS3 so it could be some sort of clash with that... maybe... 0x80070643

I'm not a jQuery programmer though I understand enough of the syntax to muddle my way through. However any ideas in how to identify where the clash is or what bit of code might be causing it would be well received!! Its a long shot and I know this is probably not a DMS specific issue, but any pointers would be welcome.

thanks

iosman

Issue has been fixed. Thanks