Sign in to follow this  
jamesbirdguess

All i have is wordpress pagelines test page what do I do now?

Kate

Hi James, I just answered your question in the other forum re: the test site. It's intended to be a "test drive", not a development site, unfortunately. EDIT: To be clear, you can export the content of the demo site. See this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazcOVNXfWs As for where to start your site: you'll need a hosted wordpress.org solution. (PageLines themes don't work with wordpress.com) You won't be signing up with wordpress.org, however. You'll want to secure a hosting account for yourself (through a company like GoDaddy or HostGator). From there you can create a WordPres installation, purchase one of our themes, upload it, and get your site going. For more information, you can visit the docs section of our support area. Hope that helps.

jamesbirdguess

thanks Kate, that was a big help. I have my hosting on godaddy.com at www.jamesbirdguess/blog and i installed the wordpress application into the same folder and I uploaded the iblogpro into my wordpress.com site and it gave me the content but not the look and feel. whats next?

cmunns

James, unfortunately you'll have to reference your test site to get things back to the way you had them. As Kate said test.pagelines was intended to simply try before you buy not fully develop sites or to transfer them over.