Sign in to follow this  
gremmie

Platform Pro Feature Slider Questions

gremmie

hello, I am trying to sort out a couple of issues with my feature slider. Link is below. Problem are this: 1. I modified the length of slider because it's too wide. I made it 600px using custom css. Now of course the problem is that the excerpt text doesn't wrap where the slider ends. How do I do this? 2. I want an image to take up the entire space of the slide. As such, I have tried 2 methods. First, the featured media image doesn't work well because you can ONLY have a dark background with the transparent overlay (WTF?). And on top of that you can't have a border without a background. Second, the limitations of the background image are that its centered. How do I adjust the background image to left justify? Or better yet, is there a way for the slider to resize an image to fit the dimensions? Please let me know and thanks! www.gremmie.net/indexb.php the first slide has a background image, the other do not

bryan-hadaway

` #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 300px; width: 600px; } ` Make your feature images 600 x 300 pixels before uploading. Thanks, Bryan

gremmie

This is helpful thank you. However, this code didn't left justify the featured image. How would I do that?

bryan-hadaway

If you don't have Photoshop to resize the graphics you can use a free alternative: http://www.gimp.org/ If you can make your images 600 x 300 pixels then re-upload and connect them they should fit perfectly. The reason you don't want this to be handled automatically with CSS is because it'll stretch the images and they won't look good. Thanks, Bryan

Kate

@Matthew Marked this as resolved. Let us know if you need anything else.

greggsky

Once you change the featured slider to be not-full-width, what's the best way to add a box to the right of the slider? Alternatively, how would you make the featured slider simply occupy the content area, rather than being full widget, such that the right column is the entire height of the content area?

siso

Gregg, I think you'll need to re-post your question in a new topic, as this topic thread was resolved and marked as such -- therefore people probably won't see your question.