jujo

How to upgrade from DMS 2.2.4 to 2.2.5

jujo

I am starting work on an old site. First order of business will be to update the site software. It is running DMS 2.2.4. What's the best way to update to 2.2.5? I found it on Github. Should I just replace the theme files with the 2.2.5 version from Github, or is there a better way to do it? Or should I stick with 2.2.4? Thanks

itsmeletmein

@jujo did you ever find a resolution? I'm having some issues and need to update as well.

jujo

Nope. I hear crickets chirping.

Maybe I should change my question to this: What is the best, fully supported theme that a DMS 2.2.4 site can easily be migrated to?

itsmeletmein

It's been a while since I came to this forum for "support", but it looks like 2.2.4 is the latest version.

I switched to Beaver Builder framework a little over a year ago and LOVE it. Too bad Andrew Powers drove PageLines into the ground. 

jujo

I have heard good things about Beaver Builder... and Elementor. I have yet to use either, but have been considering trying Elementor. We are using Divi for a few sites, but the shortcode lock-in is real, and they have been very slow to implement responsive images. I'd love to try a theme that is built to leverage Gutenberg, but I suppose we should wait.

sheilahoff

I still have 7 sites I support that are in DMS. I switched to Divi 3 years ago and have never looked back. Easier to use, fabulous support and ecosystem. Highly recommend. I was searching for info on what to expect with Gutenberg. I just installed Classic Editor in all my sites for the short term solution. Divi won't be an issue but my DMS and even older Headway sites may be. Time will tell. And JuJo...while the shortcodes are there in my case clients are never going to switch themes. When/if they want a new site I'll rebuild it for them and migrate. So it's a non-issue for me. It'd be the same with my Headway and DMS sites. Maybe not shortcodes, but they's still not easily convert.

• Like 1

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle