shawnsaunders

Pagelines Customers Need Confirmation of Long-Term Stability of Platform

shawnsaunders

I am a long standing user of Pagelines (which I love). My issue is that appearance is that the platform is dead, and merely collecting payments without updates from the owners. The previous post titled "Pagelines is dead" was deleted creating more concern. 

This is a problem for developers - do we use Pagelines (and have to start from scratch later) or a use a stable competitor. 

To cut to it -- I really need some sort of confirmation from the owners, or I need to move to a different product. I understand they are working on a project, but  it only takes 30 seconds to post a quick update and some reassurance. It is good business practice for paying customers. 

StuLeeUK

Well said Shawn.

I've been using Pagelines for a few years and it's served my needs perfectly, and would happily continue to do so if I thought there was going to be support and development of the product.

But as there seems to be very little information provided any more, and It's worrying when you see that right now the download link for platform doesn't work, the pagelines facebook group has changed to 'design, develop, deliver group', and messages like this in the forum are ignored by staff.

I think many of us are all left wondering if they're planning to let it waste away until people realise it's done and cancel their subscriptions.

Communication is key in any relationship - a short blog/email once a month with news of where the product is going would settle most of our minds so that we don't think we're just throwing money straight on a fire.

To admins etc that may see this post - May I suggest that you make all existing accounts free / stop charging / or offer some kind of refund -  until any new products arrive? Time is rapidly running out to retain your loyal customer base.

Right now I'm just waiting to see what 'Gutenberg' offers with the full release of WP5, and will make a decision from there.

jeomiland

Very good posts guys. I'm in the middle of "upgrading" a couple DMS sites to PL5 and am quite frustrated on some of the features/capabilitys lost and the workarounds required are far from intuitive. 

Somthing as simple as good documentation for the extensions would go a long way. Have found the Shortcodes documentation, but it could also use some serious help!

Is this product usable for WooCommerce stores at this point? See my issues post from today on the major problems I'm having getting the products page to look like the old DMS site. Got a couple thousand bucks of my time invested in the update and fear may have to chuck it and just stay with the old site unless I can get the shopping cart to look like the old site...

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

shawnsaunders

This is concerning. From a business liability and damages standpoint, this just isn't good for anyone. 

AlexZZ

As far as I can tell PageLines is dead and has been for almost two years. People who are still using PageLines especially those who business depends on a stable product to build their sites, should start looking for alternatives immediately. All the old staff of PageLines have left, two of them even work for Beaver Builder one of them is even Pross who was a developer at PageLines.

Look at the facts, the owner Andrew doesn't respond to any posts on the tickets, people are reporting that there refund requests are going unanswered for weeks and the forum isn't even secure. 

davickpro

They should sell pagelines to those who want to buy it, my company is interested but they have deleted the messages

technologyforce

I've cancelled my autopay and requested a refund from Mastercard for my recent billing. The lights are on, but there is no one home.

Michael Kummer

Does anyone have any recommendations what alternatives are out there that provide a similar front-end editor as Pagelines? 

Aires

Thrive themes is expensive and not very good when compared to Elementor Pro which has dynamic content, woo builder, and header/footer. Beaver builder is also good

Price breakdown:

Thrive = $600 a year and lacks a lot and you will have to find other plugins to assist with some things 

Elementor = $200 a year and could possibly build anything depending on the developer.

Beaver Builder = $200 about the same as Elementor

• Like 1

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

davickpro

Where is my redound?

Michael Kummer

Hi @Aires,

I just signed up for Thrive Themes and paid $228 for a year including all themes and plugins. They are apparently working on a new theme that allows you to do front-end editing of the whole theme and not just the WP content section.

Cheers

Michael

itsmeletmein

I LOVE Beaver Builder (along with the upgrades of Themer and 3rd party addons UABB and PowerPack). 

BTW- there's only one owner of PageLines- Andrew Powers. Do a couple searches in this forum and you'll see that he's a deadbeat developer. Just taking in the recurring monthly fees to fund his tuxedo dry cleaning bill.

danielrobin

Anybody have a responsive, elegant, business-oriented WP theme they can recommend that is similar to PagesLines PlatformPro, but supported and available now?  I'm not a developer (nor do I play one on TV), and our main website, www.In3finance.com, blew up this weekend ... the theme is the culprit. 

The problem?  About 50 warnings that read (for example) ...

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/inthronl/public_html/in3finance/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/library/class.layout.php on line 164

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/inthronl/public_html/in3finance/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/library/class.options.metapanel.phpon line 54

Then, after pages of these warnings, the site appears below, way below.  World's ugliest header! 

Currently just on life support -- using generic "Twenty Fifteen" so the site isn't completely down, but it may as well be.  I've used PageLines PlatformPro for many years, and loved it, but seems we've reached the end of that line. 

I'm just a business guy -- financial services & consulting -- looking to repair our rather content-rich site, with no time to re-implement, but will do so if I have to. 

The above issue is above my pay-grade.  Anyone seen that before?  Or, as some of you recommend, please suggest an alternative WP theme that can handle our ~80 pages and is responsive.

Thanks! 
Daniel

P.s. We do international project finance for utility-scale solar, hydro power, agriculture, wind, etc., to help mitigate climate change, ... and we're hiring!

Inbound Horizons Inc.

I'd like to upvote/bump this thread if possible. We've built a majority of our sites on the PL5 platform in recent years as it worked great for our needs. However, as noted above it seems the platform is dead. The cost to transition all our sites over is substantial, we'd prefer to stay on PL5 but need some security/compatibility updates fast. @Andrew You've got a loyal but wavering subscriber base that needs some kind of answers, please provide them as it is the responsible thing for you to do as a business owner.

Our agency would even be interested in discussing possible purchase of the platform, our devs are extremely familiar with the code base and we've contributed to some of your past push updates before too. Or if you really want to give back, open source the base code and let us fork it on GitHub to keep it updated.

@Andrew if you can't take care of your baby anymore, at least consider giving it up for adoption to those who'd be willing to keep it alive! It was a great product in it's day and still has high potential. 

If anyone on this thread has connections to a tech blog/magazine, it might be of interest to have a reporter investigate the demise of Pagelines. I would personally be interested to know what happened, especially if many of the original devs are now working for competitors! 

James Giroux

Hello. I can provide some insights as a former staff member here at PageLines, a moderator in the PageLines User Group, a former Theme developer for PageLines and founder of PageLines Academy for DMS. I haven't worked for PageLines since 2014/2015 so I do not have recent information but I do know a bit about PageLines' past structure.

Andrew is the kind of developer and designer who does know how to build good products. He has an eye for design and the skills to bring them to life in ways that have been innovative at launch. He has said in several statements across a few facebook dev group posts that he has been working on a new platform for PageLines that will exist outside of WordPress. While there is likely to be an upgrade path if this new product does eventuate the challenges of the existing products will remain.

My past experiences with PageLines as a customer include challenging upgrade paths from PageLines Framework to DMS to P5, early promises of ongoing product development and the reality of a one to two-year lifespan for each iteration. For those wondering if the product has been abandoned, the likely answer is no. It has not been abandoned but energy is being poured into other ventures that Andrew is passionate about and PageLines itself has been dropped to the minimum effort required.

The fact that these forums still exist means the bills are still being paid. That says to me that Andrew is still very much motivated to keep PL going as-is. 

I still have clients using PageLines Framework and PageLines DMS. They both still work even though the products have not seen any active development in many years. I am however, also using other systems that are being actively maintained, with large developer communities and growing investment in building out great products.

I have always believed that PageLines was a platform with great promise and potential. I am however, less optimistic now about its future than in the past. If you are looking for a home as a current or former PageLines user, if you want advice on new options, for site builders from people who understand your PL history, I invite you to join us in the PageLines User Group (now called Design, Develop, Deliver) where we help each other with PL challenges, discuss the WordPress ecosystem and generally try to be supportive wherever we can.

Our team is still building sites for clients and still supporting designers with development expertise and white labeling services and we still love the PageLines community. We'd love to see you all there, friends old and new and we'll help you through the challenges as best we can.

Edited by James Giroux (see edit history)

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

itsmeletmein

James, what framework/themer is your go-to? Beaver, Divi?

abuzzelli

Thanks for the insight @JamesGiroux I'd like to see this supported since I have a bunch of sites still on PL. Otherwise there's no point paying $500/year!

shawnsaunders

In good faith, I am request a FULL refund of all payments add-ons since day 1. This is requested to be processed within 14 days, after which I will pursue legal action.  If others are interested in supporting a group action - please contact me directly.

James Giroux
On 11/22/2018 at 1:49 AM, itsmeletmein said:

James, what framework/themer is your go-to? Beaver, Divi?

At the moment we're using Beaver as it's a lot like DMS but we also use Elementor.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

Michael Kummer

Hi guys,

I switched over to Thrive Themes and Thrive Architect for michaelkummer.com at the recommendation of another forum member. It works really well and it's easy to use. The only downside is that you can't use Thrive Architect to make changes to the header and footer of your page. But I read that Thrive Themes is working on an updated theme that will allow you to do that as well.

Overall, I have no complaints.

Cheers

Michael