Edit History

James Giroux

James Giroux+

Hello. I can provide some insights as a former staff member here at PageLines, a moderator in the PageLines User Group, a former Theme developer for PageLines and founder of PageLines Academy for DMS. I haven't worked for PageLines since 2014/2015 so I do not have recent information but I do know a bit about PageLines' past structure.

Andrew is the kind of developer and designer who does know how to build good products. He has an eye for design and the skills to bring them to life in ways that have been innovative at launch. He has said in several statements across a few facebook dev group posts that he has been working on a new platform for PageLines that will exist outside of WordPress. While there is likely to be an upgrade path if this new product does eventuate the challenges of the existing products will remain.

My past experiences with PageLines as a customer include challenging upgrade paths from PageLines Framework to DMS to P5, early promises of ongoing product development and the reality of a one to two-year lifespan for each iteration. For those wondering if the product has been abandoned, the likely answer is no. It has not been abandoned but energy is being poured into other ventures that Andrew is passionate about and PageLines itself has been dropped to the minimum effort required.

The fact that these forums still exist means the bills are still being paid. That says to me that Andrew is still very much motivated to keep PL going as-is. 

I still have clients using PageLines Framework and PageLines DMS. They both still work even though the products have not seen any active development in many years. I am however, also using other systems that are being actively maintained, with large developer communities and growing investment in building out great products.

I have always believed that PageLines was a platform with great promise and potential. I am however, less optimistic now about its future than in the past. If you are looking for a home as a current or former PageLines user, if you want advice on new options, for site builders from people who understand your PL history, I invite you to join us in the PageLines User Group (now called Design, Develop, Deliver) where we help each other with PL challenges, discuss the WordPress ecosystem and generally try to be supportive wherever we can.

Our team is still building sites for clients and still supporting designers with development expertise and white labeling services and we still love the PageLines community. We'd love to see you all there, friends old and new and we'll help you through the challenges as best we can.

James Giroux

James Giroux+

Hello. I can provide some insights as a former staff member here at PageLines, a moderator in the PageLines User Group, a former Theme developer for PageLines and founder of PageLines Academy for DMS. I haven't worked for PageLines since 2014/2015 so I do not have recent information but I do know a bit about PageLines' past structure.

Andrew is the kind of developer and designer who does know how to build good products. He has an eye for design and the skills to bring them to life in ways that have been innovative at launch. He has said in several statements across a few facebook dev group posts that he has been working on a new platform for PageLines that will exist outside of WordPress. While there is likely to be an upgrade path if this new product does eventuate the challenges of the existing products will remain.

My past experiences with PageLines as a customer include challenging upgrade paths from PageLines Framework to DMS to P5, early promises of ongoing product development and the reality of a one to two-year lifespan for each iteration. For those wondering if the product has been abandoned, the likely answer is no. It has not been abandoned but energy is being poured into other ventures that Andrew is passionate about and PageLines itself has been dropped to the minimum effort required.

The fact that these forums still exist means the bills are still being paid. That says to me that Andrew is still very much motivated to keep PL going as-is. 

I still have clients using PageLines Framework and PageLines DMS. They both still work even though the products have not seen any active development in many years. I am however, also using other systems that are being actively maintained, with large developer communities and growing investment in building out great products.

I have always believed that PageLines was a platform with great promise and potential. I am however, less optimistic now about its future than in the past. If you are looking for a home as a current or former PageLines user. If you want advice on new options, for site builders from people who understand your PL history, I invite you to join us in the PageLines User Group (now called Design, Develop, Deliver) where we help each other with PL challenges, discuss the WordPress ecosystem and generally try to be supportive wherever we can.

Our team is still building sites for clients and still supporting designers with development expertise and white labeling services and we still love the PageLines community. We'd love to see you all there, friends old and new and we'll help you through the challenges as best we can.