Kevin_Riley

Links not working on adopted site

Kevin_Riley

Hi. I provide hosting only service to a client for their PageLines WP based site which was passed on to me when the original developer withdrew her services to my client .

My client wanted to modify some of the content which is when I noticed NONE of the links on the site work. Having acquired the site and nor knowing PageLines, although I have had a look around, I wouldn't know where to start. I am obviously concerned for my client, and although not formally providing support itself for the site, would want to restore the functionality of the links as soon as possible. Please let me know if you would be prepared to view the site to assist and provide guidance and I will contact you directly with the website address.

Many thanks in advance of much needed support.

KR 

edgarcheverier

Hi,

Can you please add the URL of the website, and also a few photos of this Links ?

Do you have any errors in the console ? 

Thanks !

Kevin_Riley

Hi Edgar,

whitestagcoaching.co.uk

If you visit the sites and click on any of the drop down menu options, links on the right hand side of the page or any of the 3 boxes on the landing page, you’ll see the problem. There were no apparent errors but I did note many spurious comments (48) which had been posted over the past year. I get the impression the client wasn’t aware of these as she asked me for the admin login details so she could check any text updates she needed to do. It was when I was checking the login worked I noticed the problem myself.

Many thanks,

Kevin

edgarcheverier

Hi Kevin,

I see is getting a 400 error, all this pages and blogs are created I mean, can you see all this pages in the WP dashboard and the permalinks are correct?

Thank you!

Edgar

Kevin_Riley

Hi Edgar,

Everything looks fine if you go to each page from the dashboard as if you are going to edit them, including the permalinks. If, however, from the landing page you click on a link - anywhere - you get the page 400 error.

Would it be easier for you to see if I entrust you with the admin login? You'd probably spot something straight aware being familiar with PageLines

Best wishes,

Kevin

edgarcheverier

Hi Kevin, 

Ok I will take a look to the website from the admin account, please send me all the login information to hello@pagelines.com.

Thank you!

Edgar