bborhani

Page Doesn't Save After Update

bborhani

I am having a problem with the platform saving the changes I make to a page. After making updates to page and clicking "save changes", it doesn't actually save. Any "saved" updates are wiped out after refreshing the page, despite showing that changes were saved. All plugins/themes and WordPress version are up-to-date. 

For example, I'll add a container, fly quotes, and a button, but after clicking "Save Changes" on the front-end Page Editor and refreshing the page all the recently added extensions are wiped away. 

Anybody know why this may be occurring?  

edgarcheverier

Hi,

Can you add the URL of your website please,

Do you have any error in the console especially with the server?

Thanks

Michael Kummer

I am having a similar issue on michaelkummer.com (homepage). If I make changes and save them they only appear as changed while I am logged in to WordPress. As soon as I log out the changes don't show. Logging back in shows the changes again.

I already cleared all caches (browser, Flywheel, Cloudflare) but that hasn't made a difference. Is there any way to clear PL specific caches that may have become corrupted? The JS console doesn't show any error either.

chrisayers

Please check to see if you have any Cacheing or Accelerator plug-ins installed both on wordpress and your host. These all interfere with the build process because you are seeing a cached html page not the actual output. Once you are finished building the website, you can restore caching. 

Michael Kummer

My issue was fixed by an upstream caching problem with one of the Cloudflare partners.

bborhani
15 hours ago, edgarcheverier said:

Hi,

Can you add the URL of your website please,

Do you have any error in the console especially with the server?

Thanks

No clear errors in the console that I could find (mind you, I am a very beginner-level developer, I primarily only use the front-end editor). I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Pagelines account but that didn't seem to fix the issue.

The URL is http://mehriandjerry.com/ 

Any direction as to how to resolve this is greatly appreciated, I'm fairly lost.

Also, there are times when the "Save Changes" button acts as if frozen while I'm editing and doesn't let me save at all. I've had to save every two minutes to mitigate any loss of progress.

edgarcheverier

Can you try to deactivate all the external plugins, and get in touch with your host company and ask if there is any conflict with your Wordpress platform.

Thanks!