Sign in to follow this  
wendygordon

Pagelines Header is Locked

wendygordon

Hey guys. 

I wrote about this before, but I think my theme is really broken and I need a pagelines person to help me.   My site http://www.workproductions.com has been up for 6 months.  working fine.  child theme.  nothing changed or customized in php files or any thing like that.  I used to have a menu in the header section with a logo and some text and suddenly it is gone.  The text/tagline that I had put in the menu section is still there, but the formatting is messed up.  The logo has been replaced by my company name, there is no menu, and there seems to be no way to edit  or format it or even find where it is.  And now i am not able to add anything into the Header area.  The area seems locked and there is a grey message that says "using a theme header".   I can't add any section to the header area - i put a nav menu into the Template area on the home page as a temporary fix, but that is not the way the site should look.   I am not using any custom theme.  It used to work fine.  I didn't change anything.  And - I am afraid to change themes back to the PL5 Framework to test what could be going on because I am afraid I will lose everything from the front end if I switch themes and then switch back.  I seriously need some help.  Thanks

Aires

Hi will have a couple of hours to spare tonight if you want me to have a look. But I will only make suggestions and report what find and leave any changes up to you.

Ideally working on a staging area would be much safer.

Email me at hello@airesdagraca.co 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

wendygordon

Hey @Aires - thanks so much. 

I am trying to figure out how to move this to a staging.  I will send you an email when I get it set up!  thank you!