Myntillae

Mobile conflict with Pagelines Platform 5 plugin and Mediapress image upload

Myntillae

Hello,

I have a site built with Pagelines 5 along with Buddypress set up, and for some reason Pagelines Platform 5 plugin is causing a conflict with being able to upload images from mobile devices in BuddyPress (works just fine on desktop). Just wondering if that is fixable. 

IMG_C962B74D0839-1.jpeg

edgarcheverier

Hi,

Can you add the url of your website so I can see the css.

Thanks!

Myntillae

I think I need to give you admin access so you can see what's going on with the way we have this set up. Is there a secure way for me send you login information without having it public in this forum?

Myntillae

I know the layout is fine, but the upload image button doesn't work on mobile devices. It works just if I remove the Pagelines Platform 5 plugin, but then that ruins the whole design of the site, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix that. 

chrisayers

I installed buddypress with mediapress on my sandbox with pl5 and no real conflicts other than CSS related here. Try using PL5/BuddyPress along with TwentySixteen theme. 

edgarcheverier

I try it on my phone and the select your file button is working

chrisayers

IMG_4631.thumb.PNG.1bfbff453c1aafc3cf338c02b18852af.PNGIMG_4632.thumb.PNG.6dc13ea129d28ed35745a45a30348b4f.PNGIMG_4633.thumb.PNG.a85d35f4f2c52725b513790eb8f232b2.PNG

Myntillae

Interesting... on my iPhone 7 the button doesn't do anything unless I deactivate the Pagelines plugin. Which phone are you using @chrisayers

chrisayers

7 here

Myntillae

Oh... I think you're seeing a cached version of the site for some reason. I just noticed that the theme in your screenshot is not the correct one, just the one from testing a previous theme and/or disabling plugins. It should look like my screenshot at the beginning of the post. I wonder if that's the difference...

chrisayers

Mine is not on your site. I have a sandbox site I use to test and develop on. I installed Buddypress/Mediapress It is running Pagelines Five. I currently am using twentysixteen as the theme. PL5 is a plugin. The platform theme has virtually no CSS and is a skeleton I usually use twentysixteen with it.  My mobile uploads work perfectly fine so the issue is not with PL5/Buddypress/Mediapress. It might be another plug in or issue. 

Myntillae

So odd. Just to humor you guys, I went through the process again and deactivated all the plugins and switched it to the twentyseventeen theme and the plugin it's telling me is having the issue is the PL5 plugin. Works just fine on my mobile when I deactivate it, on any theme and with any of my other plugins activated.

chrisayers

Very odd indeed. I am not a fan of twentyseventeen, but it really should not affect the plug-in either way.  I gave it a shot on my end. Without actually logging in to your website, I am not sure where your issue lies.   I have tried Buddypress on sites in the past and had mixed results. It is a bear to completely get all styled correctly and generally my sites would just get flooded with robots and spammers instead of the real community I was trying to achieve. I generally let Facebook groups handle social interactions for my clients since you pretty much have to pay people to leave social media for your website these days. You can always reach me at chris@worldwebscapes.com or grab me on Facebook if you want some help with things.

Myntillae

Thanks you @chrisayers. I sent you an email. 

Myntillae

@chrisayers Hey! Just wanted to check in and see if you got my email I sent over. I still haven't been able to figure this out for some reason. I just know it's a conflict with the Pagelines 5 plugin with all of the testing I have done. 

chrisayers
13 hours ago, Myntillae said:

@chrisayers Hey! Just wanted to check in and see if you got my email I sent over. I still haven't been able to figure this out for some reason. I just know it's a conflict with the Pagelines 5 plugin with all of the testing I have done. 

I got your email bud and replied.

I played with PL5/Buddypress/MediaPress on my server.  I applied several different themes. I was able to upload images on my iPhone7 on both the sidebar widget and the main post loop. I cannot duplicate your errors.

The console errors you showed me were just that checkbox SVG that Boxes uses as the default image. That is not related to this issue. I do not have a solution for you other than me logging into your website and hunting down what is causing your conflict.

• Like 1

Myntillae

@chrisayers Sorry for the delayed response... busy weekend! I checked my inbox and it's weird I never received your reply (can't find it anywhere), so I'm sorry about that! Can I email you login info? Would that be the most secure way? Or this there a way to send it privately on here?

chrisayers

I replied to the emails you sent today regarding this. I logged in to your website with your credentials  and was able to upload an image from my desktop (the grey image), and on a iPhone7 (the image of me in the hat). The issue must be with your phone settings.

IMG_4657.thumb.PNG.6dd9bb7e0c853975a789c3589d860840.PNG

image.thumb.png.6e231edb186bd051f63b1a8f9cf17784.png

Myntillae

Oh so weird, for some reason I'm not getting your emails at all in your inbox, even in my spam inbox. So anyway, thanks for replying here. Do you know what settings could be change on the iPhone so that images can be uploaded? Seems like the client may have had issues on Android too...

It doesn't give me issues if I disable the Pagelines 5 plugin.. 

chrisayers

I am out of ideas personally. I have set it up on my server, logged in to yours, and both times had no issues uploading an image and even creating galleries from my phone. 

Myntillae

I forgot to reply. Thanks for your help in trying to figure it out.