Myntillae

Can't add Content Loop section

Myntillae

Hello, 

I am trying to add the Content section to any page on my site and it's not letting me. I see this refresh icon on the section, but it won't let me do anything with it. I can add any other section just fine. Pagelines theme and child theme are updated, and I deactivated all plugins to see if it was a conflict, but that didn't change anything. I just need to add this to fix the redirect issues with Post Grid or Magazine section posts. Right now it's not showing any content in content loop, and all the Reading settings are correct.

I did see an error message in the console, but I'm confused as to where I can fix that. 

Here's a link for reference: http://a44.914.myftpupload.com/news-media/news/

Trying to launch this site ASAP, so any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Screenshot 2018-05-04 13.40.36.png

Screenshot 2018-05-04 13.57.34.png

Screenshot 2018-05-04 13.57.42.png

edgarcheverier

Hi, 

I checked your website and I found that you have a lot of 404 errors (fail request from the server): https://cl.ly/3K310j2W0y2R

Get in touch with your host to check that you don't have restrictions, 

Myntillae

Oh, you know what, the client wanted to get the new site live regardless of the blog issues we were having, so it's on a different URL, but it's still propagating. I'll let you know once it's live because then it shouldn't throw all of the ridiculous amount of 404 errors you're seeing right now while it's switching to the new URL. They weren't there before. Just poor timing with me writing this support thread. I know we will still have the issue once the new site is live, but you can't see it right now. 

edgarcheverier

You have a restriction on your website, in the back-end.

Depending of your host, find the way to access to the .htaccess file.

one time there add this code:

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

or this one also:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  <FilesMatch "\.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff|woff2|font.css|css|js)$">
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

and then check is the errors disappear.

edgarcheverier

Hi,

Are you still having problems ?

That symbol you have in Content,  it's fine, everything should working normally.

Myntillae

Here's a short video to show what's going on: 

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

edgarcheverier

Sorry the video is not displaying,  are you mean the Loops extension ? : https://cl.ly/2f0b0c1X3C0d

edgarcheverier

Thanks for the link, Do you have that problem even after disabling all external plugins right?

I tested the Content section on my website and It's working fine.

Did you change anything on the code recently?

Myntillae

Correct, I already disabled all the other plugins thinking that that might be the issue, but it isn't. All plugins and theme files are updated too. 

I don't remember changing any of the code. I only added what you had recommended. I'm trying to go through it to see if I changed anything. Just weird it's only doing it on that one section and none of the others. 

Edited by Myntillae (see edit history)

Myntillae

I re-uploaded the files for the Pagelines theme to see if that would help, but it didn't. 

I noticed that if I tried to add any type of content layout section (e.g. Mazagine, News, etc.) it gives me the same error. I can add any other section just fine. So weird!

I'll deactivate all the plugins again tonight just to re-confirm that's not the issue.  

edgarcheverier

Can you try to use MagX, and check if you have the same problem?

Thanks

Myntillae

Yep, I have the same problem with MagX. It just won't allow me to add any content sections. All the content sections give me that loop icon in the corner. 

I tried reloading all the Wordpress core files via FTP last night, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. I also uploaded a second copy of Pagelines that was fresh, and still the same issue. I'm trying to see if there's code anywhere else that would be causing this conflict. It's so bizarre to me. 

Screenshot 2018-05-09 09.43.24.png

Edited by Myntillae (see edit history)

edgarcheverier

Because I also have this symbol in the right corner, in some of my plugins but, they are still working normally.

Something really confusing is that you don't have any errors in the console.

Can you try adding this content on an empty page?

Edited by edgarcheverier (see edit history)

chrisayers

Are you using any "caching" plug-ins that create a static html page for faster loading?  Those used to cause a issue for me like this. Those little refresh icon are supposed to be there. What is happening is the caching plug-in was causing issues with the refresh before an actual save.  Disable any caching plug-ins or options in Wordfence. Then see if it persists. 

• Thanks 1

Myntillae

@chrisayers I disabled the caching plugin I installed, but it's not making any difference. I disabled all of the plugins a few times, but still nothing. It's so bizarre to me. I'm not using Wordfence either. 

And good to know about that icon. I guess I just never noticed it before even after using Pagelines for so many years. 

chrisayers

Any of the plug-ins that requires a callback function has a little refresh icon there (generally any news section). It is telling you that the page refreshes after selecting.  The caching plug-ins (even the site accelerator on Godaddy cPanel) always gave me grief.  They work fine AFTER you are finished building. 
image.thumb.png.e40e88045e083f379e63c29dfcbf2fec.png

• Thanks 1

Myntillae

That makes perfect sense to me! I just don't know why I never noticed it before, haha! 

I turned off the caching plugin permanently. I'll let it sit for a bit to see if it will let me add in the content sections again. I normally don't like caching plugins since they always seem to cause issues, but there were issues with caching on this site for some reason. The site is already live and I added it after everything else, but I guess it just wanted to cause me trouble regardless. 

This thing is driving me nuts, haha. 

Myntillae

I feel silly asking this question, but is there a way to copy over the pages I built to another Wordpress installation? Is the only way to do something like that through copying database files? I installed a fresh copy of Pagelines 5 on a new Wordpress installation and it seems to be fine in terms of using the Content loop sections, the problem is that I don't want to have to spend hours rebuilding all of those pages again, so I'm wondering if there's an easy to copy all of those over without having to do that. I don't want to have to copy over every single file either since obviously there's something somewhere breaking the Content sections on the current site.