jeomiland

Newsletter Slider Form from DMS into platform5?

jeomiland

Greetings

I had a nice feature from DMS on a site i'm upgrading from DMS to platform5. How can i get the functionality of the old DMS "Pagelines Signup" section? It had a great user interface that provides user with a slider switch that uncovered a simple signup form.

Thanks

See https://cassclayton.com for sample of what i need to recreate in platform5, upper right column.

jeomiland

hi edgar. really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Will check out your suggestions!

jeomiland

Edgar - Have installed and activated Signup. However don't see a place in Wordpress backend to create one and set up its parameters. Did not see a Signup option in Widgets.

Don't see documentation on Pagelines (from product page) that tells how to craft a short code. Can you help?

(Indeed, there have been several times i've searched Pagelines for User Documentation on Extensions. Sometimes have found old pages that were out of date and relevant to old versions of Pagelines. Great service will be performed by the team who builds a great User's Manual for all the Pagelines products.)

Edited by jeomiland (see edit history)

jeomiland

just in case you ask, I have the latest Pl5 and just a few Extensions. Have Pro account. Have Signup loading in Plugins and activated. Just can't see where to get it to use it??? See attached:

JEO-pagelinesPL5-info.png

jeomiland

thanks!

mtaus

@edgarcheverier I've installed the Signup plugin and configured the settings but I don't see how to add the form on the front end. Any help?

edgarcheverier

Hi Michael,

After activate Signup, you can use it as a button, any button section has now an extra option checkbox.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• primaitalia
      By primaitalia+
      Hi
      Exited about the new Platform 5, but just started building a site in DMS2 and want to upgrade it to Platform 5. In the Facebook User Group it was a post that had a few steps to do this, and one of them was to copy the content from DMS into Platform 5. My question is on how do I really copy the content so I can keep all the work I have done so far?
      Thanks and best regards,
      Carl 
    • Mark_Hazeldine
      By Mark_Hazeldine
      Hi,

I might be missing something very obvious, but how do I update my Pagelines DMS theme to DMS 2? When I go into my Wordpress 4.2.2 dashboard, no DMS updates are available, yet when I go into the theme preview, it says I have version 1.1.1. Aren't you on like v2.1 now or something?

Thanks, Mark
    • rallevondalle
      By rallevondalle
      Hi there. 
      I'm a tad nervous regarding upgrading my whole site (www.ectopicbeats.dk) from Pagelines to DMS 2. 

Cheers, Rasmus 
    • acutservizi
      By acutservizi
      Hi,
      after a long time i've eventually decided to upgrade to dms from pagelines.
      I've followed the "upgrading and migrating instructions", after i uploaded dms and activated it, the web site is now completely blanck. I cannot even access wordpress dashboard.
      My web site is www.acutimpianti.it
      Can  someone help me?
      Thank you

• gwbodywork
      By gwbodywork

I just updated to the later version of Pagelines & Wordpress 3.7.1 and it screwed up my website. In particular the Features panel now repeats down the page and after hours of working to resolve this my only solution is to turn off Features (which I've done on the Home Page but not the other pages).

Additionally, my Fixed NavBar no longer shows the Sub Pages on my site to navigate to. I have also been working on this with no success. This is the second time upgrading to your newest version has created more work and hassles than providing any additional solutions. 

Deeply Frustrated!
      Glen
      www.glenweimer.com