MissT

Platform Plugins being updated?

MissT

Hi there,

I have a Pro account and have several sites that are now showing that most of the Platform 5 plugins have not been updated in over 2 years and I'm now getting the 'The Plugin appears to be abandoned' warning from WordFence.  Are these Platform 5 plugins going to be maintained / updated?

Along a similar line... will the Signup plugin be updated to be GDPR compliant? I'm using it to sign up to a MailChimp list and MailChimp have now added additional GDPR fields that we can use to be compliant.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

edgarcheverier

Hi!

Yes, the complements will be updated,

The developers are working currently in another project, but they have planned to add new plugins and update the old ones after that.

Thank you!

jeomiland

hi edgar - thanks for the info. Any estimate on time? couple weeks? couple months?

edgarcheverier

Hi John, 

They have the new project almost finished, I think it will be a couple of months.

Thank you ! 

MissT

As per my original query....

...will the Signup plugin be updated to be GDPR compliant? I'm using it to sign up to a MailChimp list and MailChimp have now added additional GDPR fields that we can use to be compliant.

I will need to remove / replace the signup plugin if it's not sorted for 25th May which.

Would be good if they could update this one at least please.

chrisayers
5 hours ago, MissT said:

...will the Signup plugin be updated to be GDPR compliant? I'm using it to sign up to a MailChimp list and MailChimp have now added additional GDPR fields that we can use to be compliant.

I will need to remove / replace the signup plugin if it's not sorted for 25th May which.

I found this plug-in. It seems to apply the needed tick box on Woo, Contacts, and Comment forms. I hope that the plug-in can be updated, but this one may help you before deadline. 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-gdpr-compliance/

• Thanks 1

chrisayers
7 hours ago, MissT said:

Another option to help with compliance is to edit the settings for the verification body.  While I am still learning about compliance myself, this seems to be what they are asking for. 
image.thumb.png.a146def07d7aa132eba1cbfdff6b3880.png

Thank you for signing up for membership. Your activation link is provided below. By activating your account, you agree that we may collect and store the data and information you supply to the site including name, address, email and other profile fields. You may remove/delete your account at anytime. This is in accordance to GDPR Compliance. Our privacy and TOS agreements can be found <a href=“#” rel="noopener" target="_blank">here</a>. [link]

image.thumb.png.75e136f16b41d4e2baf824f348298044.png

image.thumb.png.5e75bb941d9bd499b5e2ab98fc8c3073.png

• Thanks 1

MissT

Thanks for that, I had seen that when I initially reviewed everything awhile back but thanks for the reminder about it.

MailChimp have added new GDPR fields for obtaining specific consent for different types of marketing contact such as email, direct mail etc..Ideally any signup form needs to also gain consent to the type of marketing contact and populate these fields on MailChimp. The notice is fine for giving information yes but I don't believe it has anything to do with the new GDPR fields on MailChimp.

If the plugin isn't going to be updated soon / before 25th May to include these new fields then I think I may have to just bypass it altogether and make the signup button just go straight to the built in MailChimp signup form within MailChimp itself - not what I want though as the popup window works really well.

Thanks again.

MissT

Any news on when the Platform plugins will be updated yet - a few more months have gone by since I orginally posted teh question??

Many thanks.