Sign in to follow this  
greekfood

bbPress and Features slideshow

greekfood

Ok, I have managed to integrate the bbpress forum into my wp installation. I changed the "Forum" page menu item in the Primary Navigation System to a permalink to link directly to the forum from the main menu. HOWEVER, I cannot turn off the "Features" slideshow on that particular page. So, just above my forum, I am still faced with the "Features" slideshow feature... I have tried turning it off in the Pagelines Section Control for the "Forum" page but it does not appear to work... Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

greekfood

Hello? Is anyone going to respond to this thread/query? I have gone through your documentation and I have not been able to find anything to help with this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ericmyers

Sam, email hello@pagelines.com and we'll take care of you!

greekfood

Hi Eric, Why would I want to take this question offlist? I am sure many others would like to know how to do this... How about posting the solution here so everyone can have a looksee. I already paid $175 for this package, so how about some comprehensive support/documentation?

Kate

@Sam You're right... I'm sure other people could benefit from the answer. Are you able to provide a link please?

greekfood

Kate, I am working on a local installation before I move things onto the web. This should have no bearing on a solution, though, so I am looking forward to hearing back from you with a way forward. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

There is a trick, it's a bit difficult to know if this will work or not without being able to test, but let's give it a shot: ` #feature{display:none} .home #feature{display:inline} ` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

greekfood

Hi Bryan, I added the CSS you cite and it simply turned the "features" slideshow off on *every* page. Not quite what I had in mind. Any other ideas? How were you able to do it for the PlatformPro demo?

Kate

@Sam If you go the CSS route (where the div is still generated, just "hidden"), then you would have to use a class or id unique to the forum page(s). For instance, if it's below the forum title that the slider is appearing, you could use:

#bbforum #feature{display:none}

You could do a view source to pick/confirm what ids/classes are being generated specific to that page. My issue with this solution is it really doesn't seem to get to the root of the issue. (The slideshow is still being generated, and shouldn't be.) Could you please explain again how you setup the forum? You said "managed"... did you have to "tweak" anything? Or, was it just a by the book install? Also, I'm sure you've gone to "Settings->Template Setup" and altered the changes there? A stab in the dark, but: You don't happen to also have a page named "forum", do you? I understand it's a "local" install, but if you get to the point where you can give us access, it could help us narrow the issue down for you.

greekfood

Hi Kate, I was away for the holidays and I'm back now and I want to solve this issue. The question of whether or not I am using a local install or not is irrelevant. I have put the site on the web and the problem persists. Instead of troubleshooting my site, please let me know how I would make the Feature disappear on the Forum page (no, I'm not calling it Forum) using your control panel. I have tried and tried and it still shows up, which means there is an issue with the way the theme is coded. I have set up the theme and the forum to interact, but this is the only thing I cannot figure out. I do not want a "hack" fix, I want to make sure that I can use a Feature of my choosing if I choose to add one at a later time. As I already stated, my problem now is that I cannot make the Feature disappear from the Page which i have designated as the Forum link in my navigation bar. So, as your documentation is generally pretty poor (honesty is the best policy), i would like for you to show me how you managed to do (on your theme demo site) exactly what I wish to do in my installation. thanks!

bryan-hadaway

I understand your frustration, and it is a definite good idea for a future update to have more control over the forum. For now the surefire way to hide the feature on the forum is to go to: /bb-templates/PlatformForum/style.css or wherever your PlatformForum stylesheet is and add: `#feature{display:none !important}` Thanks, Bryan