Ian

[Solved] [Solved] I just want to connect to my PageLines account... :(

Ian

Brand new WP install.  No plugins to muck things up ... only Akismet.

Installed Platform 5 fine. Clicking "Connect" does nothing. I've logged out of all Pagelines accounts. Tried it again. Nothing.

If this is the future of my working relationship with Pagelines, please give me my $200 back. I'll go elsewhere... :(

Pretty disappointed.  This shouldn't be this hard.

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 1.01.52 PM.png

Edited by Ian (see edit history)

edgarcheverier

Hello, that happened to me too.
Did you try to refresh the account, disconnect and then reconnect the account?
I hope this helps you.

Ian

Thanks Edgar... no improvement.  I logged off my WP site, my PageLines Account, and even the PageLines Forum.

As for "disconnecting"... I'm not sure what that is, when you have never "connected" in the first place... :(

Frustrating.

Andrew

You've never been able to connect your PageLines account to your WP Admin? 

Is this site live somewhere? 

Typical problems with this process could be caching or issues associated with a security plugin and so on in your WP install. Rare though.

Andrew

You've never been able to connect your PageLines account to your WP Admin? 

Is this site live somewhere? 

Typical problems with this process could be caching or issues associated with a security plugin and so on in your WP install. Rare though.

Also are there any javascript errors or issues being thrown in your admin? Sometimes plugins can cause this and problems propagate to pages like this one.

Ian

Andrew... I have used older versions of PageLines that didn't require "connection".  So this is new.  I just bought the 3-site license of Platform5 today, and installed it as a PlugIn to a brand spankin' new installation of WordPress.  I did (foolishly) install Platform5 as a theme (like PL used to work), but I immediately deleted and installed it as a plugin.  Can't imagine that had any effect.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

To answer your questions specifically:  No. Never connected.  No plug-ins (save Akismet) to create problems.  I even deleted Hello Dolly.

Andrew

Sure, we'll get it figured out. First can you describe what is happening when you connect?  Where are you hosting? Sometimes hosts can block connections, but not typically.

Ian

Same host I've had for years with no WordPress connection blocking issues.

The site I'm working on is www.faithbridge.riandavis.com

When I click connect from the dashboard, the blue progress bar moves a bit to the right (see screen shot #1) and then I get screen shot #2 (but without the blue progress bar).  Then when I click connect from here, I get screen shot #2 (including the brief appearance of the blue progress bar) and it simply returns to this screen. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 4.41.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 4.41.17 PM.png

Andrew

ok which host is it? 

Have you tried using a different browser?

also read through this post's discussion on whitelisting IPs

Ian

My host is www.limedaley.com.

I have only ever used Safari for anything. Don't really want to install new browsers just to fix this problem.  I'm sure this platform has thousands of successful Safari installs under its belt.

I read that post before starting mine.  I sent my web host a link to that post to look into any issues on his end.  He is a scary smart CMU Computer Engineering graduate... so if it's on his end, he'll find it.  I'll let you know. 

Ian

Ok, so I'm on the phone with my web host.  I gave him (Jon) my credentials (don't worry he's a friend). He experiences the same thing. He says there are no firewall issues.  When either of us click "connect" the address bar changes briefly to "pagelines.com", then to "faithbridge.riandavis.com", but neither of us know what is being attempted in the background.  Jon says that he cannot see any other requests from PageLines in the Apache logs.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Andrew...

Problem fixed.  A curious root cause...

When I first installed the "pl-platform" folder, I created a folder called "PageLines Platform" so I would know what it was when I was looking at my FTP client.  I later renamed it "pl-platform" and FTP'd the contents of that folder from my Downloads folder to my "Plugins" folder.  It seems like WP (or PageLines or somebody) didn't recognize that I changed the name back to "pl-platform".  Jon tells me that the software should be able to understand what I've done.  He suspects that your software is hardcoded to only accept "pl-flatform" as the root folder in the plug-in... something you may wish to change to avoid this problem in the future.

Anyway... that's the problem and once he did something on his end (not quite sure what, but it had to do with renaming the folder to "pl-platform" as it wanted to be called), it was fixed.

Thanks! 

Ian

I do have a customer/service billing problem.  I signed up for the Business 3 site, Pro license ($199), but when I look to add extensions, the Pro extensions are greyed out.  Why is that?

I needed to Activate it. Sorry. :)