ancadia

[Solved] Post Page

Ray

Hi @ancadia

You can display your single blog post like pagelines.com by installing the "Magazine" extension, available on the extensions library: https://cl.ly/mi5o

once installed, drop it in your single posts layout

edmac812

HiI have the magazine extension installed but i think I have the opposite problem. I am trying to show the primary sidebar in my posts and keep the content area to the left just like my pages. I think I must be missting something simple.

Here is my page layout that I want the posts to look like: http://totalbenefits.net/

Here is my latest post: http://totalbenefits.net/find-your-keystone-proactive-hmo-providers-by-tier/

I seem to have had it set correctly in the past. is there a simple fix?

edgarcheverier

Hi,

In order to modify the SideBar, you have to go to your wp console.

Then Appearance and Widgets.

In Widgets, you can edit your Sidebar and select the content that you want to show.

edmac812

I dont want to modify the primary sidebar. I have that covered. i want it to appear on posts with the content area to the left, excatly like my pages.

edmac812

Insert a shortcode in every post? There is no way to modify in the layout editor? Sorry if i am dense.

edmac812

I dont have an option to modify the magazine layout like you show

edmac812

pagelines-screen1.jpg

pagelines2.jpg

Maybe I need to update my framework? I thought I was using the latest pro version.

edgarcheverier

Yes, it's because of the version. 
I have PageLines Platform 5 Version 5.1.8.

If you don't want to change that you have to do it in all the posts or try to check if you have a similar option in that version.

edmac812

Im not even sure how to upgrade and I am not sure that upgrading wont wipe out any of my customizations. Im okay with adding shortcode but dont seem to have the generator

edmac812

So I went ahead and upgraded and lost all of my features, etc and cannot even find the place where I can readjust the layouts. argh.  Thanks, though I appreciate your help I guess it will be better in the long run I just have to redo everything. Why is it so difficult to get tech support from people who WORK here?

edgarcheverier

I'm sorry, but yes is the best way to do it, At one point in the future is going to be necessary update the framework.
The developers are working on the new extensions that's why I'm helping now with the tech support

edmac812

I am tooling with the new version now. Cant seem to get either nav or nav pro to go directly into drop down on hover.

edmac812

im trying different nav extension, that didnt work. Im publishing with chrome and testing with ie and firefox

I lost my features and boxes too. is there a way to get that content back?

edgarcheverier

Yes, download the plugin WP Rollback.

After activated, go to plugins and you will have the option rollback in the plugins and themes.

edmac812

I cannot get the new page editor to apply the template to each existing page, I have to do them all individually.

I had to rebuild all the menus manually.

I still havent solved my original problem

edmac812

Also seems like the " page editor" doesnt work on some of the older pages.

edgarcheverier

so, after break the site with the update, you used the wb rollback so now is like before but now the page editor only works in some pages.

Try to restart the PageLine Platform and check if you have any errors in the console also delete the plugin wp rollback 

edmac812

I did not do the roll back. On Some of teh pages the Page Editor just sits the gear with the gear spinning.

If I restart the platform will I have to redo everything again?

edgarcheverier

No, if you restart the platform you are not going to break anything.

But if you want to update your framework to PL5 you will need to redo everything.