welcome

[Solved] DMS to Platform 5

welcome

HI,

I am switching from DMS to Platform 5.  In addition to the DMS theme  that I'm currently using I have installed Pagelines Framework version 5.0.97 and Pagelines Platform 5 Plugin.

When I activate Framework my screen is different from the Quick Guide on youtube.  

-Instead of "Builder" under the Pagelines logo I have "Editor" 

-There is no Wordpress content section

Also when I have completed the change to Platform 5 do I need to get rid of any files from DMS?

Thanks

Ray

Hi @welcome

There's been a few updates since the initial release but the system is the same.

-"Builder" is now "Page Editor": https://cl.ly/miOZ

-The WordPress content section is under "basics" on the page editor: https://cl.ly/mhBW

Platform 5 is a plugin so you can use it with DMS or with one of the new frameworks. Makes it easier to migrate.

There's more info about DMS and Platform 5 on this support ticket: 

welcome

Thank you. I read all that you sent, but want to clarify one thing.   If I work on my current site which was built with DMS and use Platform 5  Then switch the theme to Frameworks I can then "delete" DMS Theme and everything will work?  Is that what you're referring to when you say "migrate"?

Is there a better way to change from DMS to the newer "Framework" theme and Platform 5?

Thanks again.

welcome

One more thing to add.  I tried to rebuild my site on Mamp, but could not upload Platform 5.  It says missing css style sheets. I read some posts which said to rename file which I did, but still did not work. 

Thanks

Ray

You're probably trying to upload Platform 5 as a THEME, make sure you add it as a PLUGIN