Sign in to follow this  
acertis

Add Telephone Number Image in Main Header

raajbrarmaccom

Hi Greg, I am trying to on the pagelines pro add a 728x90 banner. And I was thinking the best way to do this would be to add a sidebar called 'leaderboard' and then use the html widget to display where you want the leaderboard to showup on your site. The issue is I do not know how to do this??? What I am wanting is to disable the share buttons, which I already have, and have the 728x90 banner to show on the top floating right, opposite of the site logo. Can you give me some pointers on this asap! Thanks a bunch.

danboyle

Hello, I was following the instructions above on adding a phone number to the header and received the following error message... Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home3/hotsaras/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 107 Now the website is down and I can't retrieve it. Please help. http://www.naplesrealestatestars.com/ Thanks, Dan

danboyle

I have recovered the website by going to the functions.php file on my hosting cpanel. The code I had deleted on Platform Pro was not actually deleted from the file. Once deleted at the host, the website came back up.

julschong
thanks for everyone's input here. This is something I'm trying to achieve as well on my website (www.zenonline.com.au) So reading through this, I cannot just simply cut and paste the instructions from ticketytah? I'm not an expert at HTML so not sure which bits in the advice are real bit of code, and which are bits I need to delete spaces, add tags etc. Can anyone shed light? Apologies for the 'dumb' questions.

Simon
Please start a new support question.

lloydfilms
I know this is an old post but I really want to make the image "get a quote" clickable. Ticketytah's code worked beautifully, I'm just struggling with getting the anchor tag in the right place. here's the code: // Add Phone Number to header above branding icons add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','add_phone_number_to_header'); function add_phone_number_to_header() { $phone_image_url = "http://digitaldf.com/wp-content/gallery/phone/callout_button-template-getaquote3.png"; #replace the URL between the quotes with the URL to your image ?> Call us Today

lloydfilms
Also I'm on PlatformPro. Would upgrading to Pagelines 2 make a difference?

Rob
In your code, the image simply needs to be wrapped in a link. [code]Call us Today[/code] should be [code]Call us Today[/code] That should do the trick. Just customize THEURLYOUWANT.com to whatever site or even to a number you please. I'm unsure of the href for phone numbers, but I do understand it's possible ot make the link clickable on mobile phones to dial your number. Here's a link that might be helpful. http://sitesbyjoe.com/posts/detail/161

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lloydfilms
Thanks Rangelone! That worked beautifully. No my only small issue is that the clickable area of the button "get a quote" isn't centered on the blue button, but is slightly above the image. http://digitaldf.com/ Here's the CSS controling it if that makes a difference: div.branding_wrap img#phone-us { position: absolute; bottom: -55px; right: -0px; }

lloydfilms
Never mind. I see that because I moved the graphic below the header it was outside of the clickable area of the header.