jeomiland

How save Platform page to upload to different site

jeomiland

How can I save a page in one Platform 5 site for upload to a different site?

Have a site in which there are a couple extensive extensive Portfolio pages made with Popthumbs, buttons and text sections. Clients are going their separate ways and need to split site into 2 different sites. I'd hate to have to recreate these pages. There MUST be a simple way to download a page and it's content from one site and upload it to a new site - not recreate the whole site, just selected (popthumbs) pages. Did asearch in forum for this and got zero results. Investigated the save/load templates extension but don't see how that can work for this case.

Thanks for advise.

je

Edited by jeomiland (see edit history)

Aires

Hi @jeomiland,

I would use the templates plugin along with the export/import plugin.

Save the entire page as a template and export it.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

jeomiland

Hi Aires. Thanks for reply.

are their any documentation on how import/export works? How save a Template to disc to import later into different website? Have Template and Imp/Exp loaded and active and can save Sections and Templates within a site, even export XML settings file, can't see where to export page layout/contents to disc from one site or import from disc to another... Thanks.

Edited by jeomiland (see edit history)

Aires

Let me check the Docs ... if time permits I may do a video.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

jeomiland

Hi. Again appreciate your reply>

So here's what I did with mixed results:

1) added Templates and Import/export extensions to http://affinitystudiofauxpainting.com/ and http://petasandersonrestorationandfaux.com/. and of course activated both places

2) assigned all pages associated with Peta to user Peta (note the portfolio section and contact pages are what's important.)

3) went to Peta Portfolio page 1, saved top-most section AND template. Also went to portfolio page 2

4) exported using the Wordpress Tools | Export function (could not find a Pagelines specific export for just the pages

5) went to http://petasandersonrestorationandfaux.com/ and imported

found Peta Portfolio page-1 worked (except for broken image links, so had to manually upload images to Uploads | 2017 \ 03 folder. But only thing that got uploaded from Peta portfolio page-2 is the WP loop content, none of the Pagelines sections/components for this page got uploaded?

Thanks for any help

Aires

Let me test this and I will get back with you.

ndTgvai.jpg

jeomiland

Hi Aires. Any update with your findings? Getting back to this project and need to conclude the transfer of Peta's Portfolio stuff from Affinity site to PetaSanderson site today, so will have to manually transfer page-2 (dang it!). Will still have to deal with transferring the other artist's 2 portfolio pages soon, so my question-problem still stands. Thanks for your insights...

jeomiland

Hi
Back to this project. This time trying to grab different pages (Bac's 2 portfolio pages) from AffinityStudioFauxPainting.com site for import to new FauxCircle.com site. Am able to use the Pagelines templates tool to create template for 2 pages in question and download them. I see these templates names in the new site. When using Wordpress importer, i can see the basic WP content gets imported but NONE of the Pagelines specific stuff - missing all the PopThumbs content and special Text section at bottom.

Again i appeal, is there any one who knows how to do this? Is there any documentation? Will have to recreate these pages by hand - what a drag if there is an easier solution!!!

thanks for any help.

edgarcheverier

Hi,

Can you try using  All in One WP Migration plugin, it's an easy plugin that helps you to migrate all the content of your website.

wendygordon

I had the same problem.  the templates worked fine if i was trying to use a template (using sync  loaded items).  but when I exported/imported using the pagelines export/import  none of the templates items imported.  the templates did.  but no items.