Sign in to follow this  
renderinnovations

Adding a pre-made template

renderinnovations

Hi! Is there a way to add an already built template with its on css style sheet, and functions php etc? I was wondering if the pre-made style sheet can be added to the childbase theme? Or if I can create another childbase and connect it to the platformpro by using the following stylesheet header: /* Theme Name: galeria Theme URI: http: //example.com/ Description: Child theme for the platformpro Author: AdamB Author URI: http: //example.com/about/ Template: platformpro Version: 0.1.0 */ Hope I make sense :) Adam B

renderinnovations

To be more specific; im looking for another alternative i'm looking to do is to be able to add graphics to the page so that it has a totally different feel than the platformpro solid color and feel. (I'd like to add my own graphics and feel).

catrina

You can create a different feel without actually creating a new childbase by just editing the Platform Base/child theme that is already packaged with PlatformPro.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

renderinnovations

Thanks this answers my question! Sorry I had accidently posted this twice in forum, didn't think this had originally been posted. How do I go about adding it to the childbase? Would you happen to know? If I have another template, I'd like to add it to the childbase then. Thank you!

catrina

If the template you already have has its own CSS stylesheet, you can copy the styling content (except for the

<style type="text/css"></style>

code included in it, of course) and paste it directly into the base.css file (located in the Platform Base/child theme folder, which you must activate first in order for it to work). You just have to make sure the CSS styling for that pre-made template will work effectively with the PlatformPro layout. (By the way, I just marked that duplicate post you made as resolved since it refuses to delete.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

renderinnovations

Thanks! i'm going to try to take a look. This mean I need to also move all of the other files along with the code into the base folder? Correct? (Image, php functions etc)

bryan-hadaway

No, you install PlatformPro and PlatformBase then only activate PlatformBase and you can edit it all you want, nothing more needs to be done. Thanks, Bryan

danabrunetti

Question about Base Bryan, Am trying to use Platform Base to add a custom-named template to our drop down in the Pagelines template setup menu. For that kind of modification, for instance, I have copied the config.templates.php folder into the base theme so that I can modify the config.templates.php without it being overridden as I could do it in the Pro theme but wanted the change not to get wrecked by updating. Are we using base wrong?

Kate

@Dana It's fine to use PHP files in Base... It will accomplish exactly what you just mentioned when updating. No worries. ;)